does cf affect the whole body?

relat

i have a relative with cf i was just wondering is there a part of the body not affected by cf?i feel disappointed.i consider all of cfers heroes!!

relat

i have a relative with cf i was just wondering is there a part of the body not affected by cf?i feel disappointed.i consider all of cfers heroes!!

relat

2perfectboys

The mind is not affected.....what are u feelling disappointed about??????????????

2perfectboys

The mind is not affected.....what are u feelling disappointed about??????????????

2perfectboys

Scarlett81

It's hard to say b/c everyone's different, but generally cf affects your lungs, your digestive system, sometimes your reproductive system, would diabetes be endocrine?-(some cfers get diabetes), and your bones/joints. BUT, the good news is that all these things are very treatable. Its just alot on one plate for us.

I'd like to hear more about what specifically you are discouraged about. Maybe it could be cleared up a little. There's alot of misconceptions about cf. While it very serious they've come a long way in treatment.

Scarlett81

It's hard to say b/c everyone's different, but generally cf affects your lungs, your digestive system, sometimes your reproductive system, would diabetes be endocrine?-(some cfers get diabetes), and your bones/joints. BUT, the good news is that all these things are very treatable. Its just alot on one plate for us.

I'd like to hear more about what specifically you are discouraged about. Maybe it could be cleared up a little. There's alot of misconceptions about cf. While it very serious they've come a long way in treatment.

Scarlett81

coltsfan715

I am going to say yes in the long run it can affect every part of your body - including the mind. The reason I say that is because all of our body systems tie together and as one is getting stressed the others will gradually become stressed as well.

As for your mind being affected - anyone with a chronic illness will most likely be prone to anxiety and depression problems, so in a way it can affect a person's mind.

After saying those things I will say that I have basically been told that any organ system in the body that produces mucus is DIRECTLY affected by CF. I would say from there the other body systems are indirectly affected by CF - I hope that makes sense.

I was not trying to discourage you by saying that - just offer a perspective that the other posters did not.

Like Christian said it is alot to deal with at once, but it is possible with some hard work. I am sorry you are down/discouraged about this. It is a bit overwhelming and you have every right to be discouraged I would just try to take care of yourself and fill your life with other things that make you happy - and maybe even if just for a moment or two make you forget about CF - I know it is hard but it is possible. I try to keep myself busy and most days I have at least a few moments where I do not think about CF and my having it - obviously it can be hard to breathe at times and the coughing sometimes makes it hard to forget, but somewhere mixed in the coughing, treatments, therapies, shortness of breath it is possible to let your mind slip away.

I will let you go. I hope you start to feel better about the situation with CF.

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

I am going to say yes in the long run it can affect every part of your body - including the mind. The reason I say that is because all of our body systems tie together and as one is getting stressed the others will gradually become stressed as well.

As for your mind being affected - anyone with a chronic illness will most likely be prone to anxiety and depression problems, so in a way it can affect a person's mind.

After saying those things I will say that I have basically been told that any organ system in the body that produces mucus is DIRECTLY affected by CF. I would say from there the other body systems are indirectly affected by CF - I hope that makes sense.

I was not trying to discourage you by saying that - just offer a perspective that the other posters did not.

Like Christian said it is alot to deal with at once, but it is possible with some hard work. I am sorry you are down/discouraged about this. It is a bit overwhelming and you have every right to be discouraged I would just try to take care of yourself and fill your life with other things that make you happy - and maybe even if just for a moment or two make you forget about CF - I know it is hard but it is possible. I try to keep myself busy and most days I have at least a few moments where I do not think about CF and my having it - obviously it can be hard to breathe at times and the coughing sometimes makes it hard to forget, but somewhere mixed in the coughing, treatments, therapies, shortness of breath it is possible to let your mind slip away.

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Take Care,
Lindsey

relat

chrisitian, 2perfectboys,
thanks for giving a encouraging way of thought.By saying i feel dissapointed i mean that you wake up and have to cope with many things on cf,and it is very tiring,i say this not with the intention to make you feel sad and bad,sorry.it will not happen because i am the ''sad'' and ''bad'',you all are the most powerfull people. (it is good that treatment is on good stage though).

coltsfan715,
thank you too,i provoke discourage through this post not you,you do the opposite.it is very difficult seeing your relative suffering every day and having much stress.you can't do anything for you your mind is there with the cfer,only God you can have on mind,you feel that we all are ''passengers'' in this life,so the point is to save our soul.

relat

thanks for giving a encouraging way of thought.By saying i feel dissapointed i mean that you wake up and have to cope with many things on cf,and it is very tiring,i say this not with the intention to make you feel sad and bad,sorry.it will not happen because i am the ''sad'' and ''bad'',you all are the most powerfull people. (it is good that treatment is on good stage though).

coltsfan715,
thank you too,i provoke discourage through this post not you,you do the opposite.it is very difficult seeing your relative suffering every day and having much stress.you can't do anything for you your mind is there with the cfer,only God you can have on mind,you feel that we all are ''passengers'' in this life,so the point is to save our soul.

relat

coltsfan715,