does it take a while for you to cough productively when you start your vest?

jfarel

Hypertonic saline works immediately. The vest takes 30 min to 1 hour to work. The Hypertonic saline takes a lot out of me though due to the hard sometimes uncontrollable coughs it causes. It also makes my chest tight afterwards. For that reason I've stopped using it twice a day and am using it more like 4-5 times a week.

jfarel

Hypertonic saline works immediately. The vest takes 30 min to 1 hour to work. The Hypertonic saline takes a lot out of me though due to the hard sometimes uncontrollable coughs it causes. It also makes my chest tight afterwards. For that reason I've stopped using it twice a day and am using it more like 4-5 times a week.

jfarel

jfarel

jfarel

DanG

I go through 6 5-min sequences with the vest twice a day, while simultaneously inhaling 3% hypertonic saline. I then pause between sequences and either cough or get a cough going with some flutter action. The first cough is usually somewhat unproductive compared to the later 5 sequences. I definitely think the mucus thickens overnight and activity/breathing/chest clearance in the morning begins to move the mucus but it takes a while to start moving and that explains the relative lack of mucus at the beginning of physiotherapy.

Danny

DanG

I go through 6 5-min sequences with the vest twice a day, while simultaneously inhaling 3% hypertonic saline. I then pause between sequences and either cough or get a cough going with some flutter action. The first cough is usually somewhat unproductive compared to the later 5 sequences. I definitely think the mucus thickens overnight and activity/breathing/chest clearance in the morning begins to move the mucus but it takes a while to start moving and that explains the relative lack of mucus at the beginning of physiotherapy.

Danny

DanG

Danny

DanG

Danny

DanG

Danny

ladybug

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>kswitch</b></i>

my vest/hts typically doesn't produce much until some time after i'm done. usually at least a half hour. <div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>

I actually dont' usually cough too much with HS either until much later in the day. I know its cause of the HS cause I only do it every other day and those days I find my cough more productive later (like when I'm grocery shopping or watching TV or working out, etc.) and not immediately after.

ladybug

my vest/hts typically doesn't produce much until some time after i'm done. usually at least a half hour. <div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>

I actually dont' usually cough too much with HS either until much later in the day. I know its cause of the HS cause I only do it every other day and those days I find my cough more productive later (like when I'm grocery shopping or watching TV or working out, etc.) and not immediately after.

ladybug

ladybug

ladybug