Does lack of protein cause bruising?

pnhuffman

I was just wondering something. While Austin was in the hospital I started noticing his bruises. Of course there is not much to do in there. LOL! Could this be from lack of protein?

He seems to have a ton of bruises on his legs.The shin area as well as other areas. He had a huge one on his wiast by his hip. That one came form climbing on the chair in the hosptial to get to the playstation and he fell of course.

He has one on his forehead where he said he bumped a table and then he has one in his private area.

I am pretty sure they checked his vitamin levels because the dietician came in and said things looked good but he needed to eat and I thought she said he needed more protein.

Austin is not a big meat eater anymore. He may eat chicken sometimes. What else is there to give him protein. He refuses to eat peanut butter. He tells everyone he is allergic to it so they won't make him eat it.

At my therapist the other day we were talking about this and she suggested the protien issue. She knows someone who is a vegatarian and found out that is why she was brising so bad.

pnhuffman

I was just wondering something. While Austin was in the hospital I started noticing his bruises. Of course there is not much to do in there. LOL! Could this be from lack of protein?

He seems to have a ton of bruises on his legs.The shin area as well as other areas. He had a huge one on his wiast by his hip. That one came form climbing on the chair in the hosptial to get to the playstation and he fell of course.

He has one on his forehead where he said he bumped a table and then he has one in his private area.

I am pretty sure they checked his vitamin levels because the dietician came in and said things looked good but he needed to eat and I thought she said he needed more protein.

Austin is not a big meat eater anymore. He may eat chicken sometimes. What else is there to give him protein. He refuses to eat peanut butter. He tells everyone he is allergic to it so they won't make him eat it.

At my therapist the other day we were talking about this and she suggested the protien issue. She knows someone who is a vegatarian and found out that is why she was brising so bad.

pnhuffman

pnhuffman

pnhuffman

<br />
<br />He seems to have a ton of bruises on his legs.The shin area as well as other areas. He had a huge one on his wiast by his hip. That one came form climbing on the chair in the hosptial to get to the playstation and he fell of course.
<br />
<br />He has one on his forehead where he said he bumped a table and then he has one in his private area.
<br />
<br />I am pretty sure they checked his vitamin levels because the dietician came in and said things looked good but he needed to eat and I thought she said he needed more protein.
<br />
<br />Austin is not a big meat eater anymore. He may eat chicken sometimes. What else is there to give him protein. He refuses to eat peanut butter. He tells everyone he is allergic to it so they won't make him eat it.
<br />
<br />At my therapist the other day we were talking about this and she suggested the protien issue. She knows someone who is a vegatarian and found out that is why she was brising so bad.

JazzysMom

It might not be from protein per sey, but from the iron often found in the sources of protein. This as well as his Vitamin K & if he still is on the ibuprofen might be all the causes.

The other thing that it could be is CFRD, but given his age & no other syptoms I would lean towards that so much.

JazzysMom

It might not be from protein per sey, but from the iron often found in the sources of protein. This as well as his Vitamin K & if he still is on the ibuprofen might be all the causes.

The other thing that it could be is CFRD, but given his age & no other syptoms I would lean towards that so much.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />
<br />The other thing that it could be is CFRD, but given his age & no other syptoms I would lean towards that so much.

pnhuffman

Forgot to mention he is takin off of ibprofen during any tune-ups. I did call the clinic and they told me that all of his vitamin levels came back normal except for his Vitamin D was low. The nurse is gonna ask the doctor to see what he thinks.

pnhuffman

Forgot to mention he is takin off of ibprofen during any tune-ups. I did call the clinic and they told me that all of his vitamin levels came back normal except for his Vitamin D was low. The nurse is gonna ask the doctor to see what he thinks.

pnhuffman

pnhuffman

pnhuffman

point

I agree w/ Melissa on the vitamin K. Maybe ask directly if they tested his vitamin levels. I know I am only tested about once/year for my Vit levels, but they probably do it more often for children.

Vitamin K is directly related and necessary for blood clotting. There are other things that can cause clotting disorders. Being a kid kind of makes them prone to be daring and maybe knocked around causing bruising as well. I have not heard of a lack of protein and a link to bruising. Iron found in protein is important for red blood cell development, but not necessarily a direct tie to bruising/clotting.

GL!

point

I agree w/ Melissa on the vitamin K. Maybe ask directly if they tested his vitamin levels. I know I am only tested about once/year for my Vit levels, but they probably do it more often for children.

Vitamin K is directly related and necessary for blood clotting. There are other things that can cause clotting disorders. Being a kid kind of makes them prone to be daring and maybe knocked around causing bruising as well. I have not heard of a lack of protein and a link to bruising. Iron found in protein is important for red blood cell development, but not necessarily a direct tie to bruising/clotting.

GL!

point

GL!

point

GL!

point

<br />
<br />Vitamin K is directly related and necessary for blood clotting. There are other things that can cause clotting disorders. Being a kid kind of makes them prone to be daring and maybe knocked around causing bruising as well. I have not heard of a lack of protein and a link to bruising. Iron found in protein is important for red blood cell development, but not necessarily a direct tie to bruising/clotting.
<br />
<br />GL!