Does this happen to anyone else?

Randy

CF patient here, I'm 19 and take myself to clinic for check-ups. Let me assure you, it is just as stressful for the patient as for the parent! The week leading up to the checkup is always a very stressful time for me. Talk of tubes is the scariest--I've avoided them so far. The doctors want you to gain weight all the time, that is mentioned every visit and will never not be mentioned--I've come to simply expect it. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother going for checkups when they simply say the same thing every time, but I am part of the study in Madison so it's good for them to get my height and weight and PFTs and blood...

Randy

CF patient here, I'm 19 and take myself to clinic for check-ups. Let me assure you, it is just as stressful for the patient as for the parent! The week leading up to the checkup is always a very stressful time for me. Talk of tubes is the scariest--I've avoided them so far. The doctors want you to gain weight all the time, that is mentioned every visit and will never not be mentioned--I've come to simply expect it. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother going for checkups when they simply say the same thing every time, but I am part of the study in Madison so it's good for them to get my height and weight and PFTs and blood...

schmj4910

I feel exactly the same way! What I've found that helps is bringing someone with you. My husband is my first choice, but most often he can't get off of work. Next best is my mom. She is able to keep Dylan feed, occupied, and clean while I can listen and converse with the doctors.

schmj4910

I feel exactly the same way! What I've found that helps is bringing someone with you. My husband is my first choice, but most often he can't get off of work. Next best is my mom. She is able to keep Dylan feed, occupied, and clean while I can listen and converse with the doctors.

schmj4910

nattielight14

I told the dietician last week that I feel like I get in trouble every time I take my son to his appointments. Nothing like being the adult who has to go to the principals office.

nattielight14

I told the dietician last week that I feel like I get in trouble every time I take my son to his appointments. Nothing like being the adult who has to go to the principals office.

nattielight14