Does TOBI decrease the frequency of lung infections and/or make you feel better during an exacerbation?

M

mah

Does TOBI decrease the frequency of lung infections and/or make you feel better during an exacerbation?

My pulmo just started me on tobi on/off. Have any of you noticed a decrease in number of lung infections OR increase in FEV/feeling better? I am wondering if I am gaining more time than I lose by adding in this twice a day treatment that is so l-o-n-g...(on top of all the other treatments).<div><br></div><div>Thanks -- your input is appreciated.</div><div><br><div><div><br></div><div><br><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div></div></div></div>

M

mah

My pulmo just started me on tobi on/off. Have any of you noticed a decrease in number of lung infections OR increase in FEV/feeling better? I am wondering if I am gaining more time than I lose by adding in this twice a day treatment that is so l-o-n-g...(on top of all the other treatments).<br>Thanks -- your input is appreciated.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

M

mah

My pulmo just started me on tobi on/off. Have any of you noticed a decrease in number of lung infections OR increase in FEV/feeling better? I am wondering if I am gaining more time than I lose by adding in this twice a day treatment that is so l-o-n-g...(on top of all the other treatments).<br>Thanks -- your input is appreciated.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

tesorotiffa

Tobi used to work pretty well for me, but as the years have gone by I find it just isn't as effective as it used to be. Granted I've been on some form of Tobi for as long as I can remember! I quit doing it a few months ago because of the neb time. Luckily I didn't see any effects from stopping it. I do Cayston every other month now.

It's kind of a -you're never going to know until you do it and see- situation! Good luck!

tesorotiffa

Tobi used to work pretty well for me, but as the years have gone by I find it just isn't as effective as it used to be. Granted I've been on some form of Tobi for as long as I can remember! I quit doing it a few months ago because of the neb time. Luckily I didn't see any effects from stopping it. I do Cayston every other month now.

It's kind of a -you're never going to know until you do it and see- situation! Good luck!

tesorotiffa

<br />Tobi used to work pretty well for me, but as the years have gone by I find it just isn't as effective as it used to be. Granted I've been on some form of Tobi for as long as I can remember! I quit doing it a few months ago because of the neb time. Luckily I didn't see any effects from stopping it. I do Cayston every other month now.
<br />
<br />It's kind of a -you're never going to know until you do it and see- situation! Good luck!

imported_Momto2

I tried Tobi a few times and all it seemed to do for me is increase my asthma and bronchospasms. I know it has helped a lot of people, but unfortunately I was not one of them.

imported_Momto2

I tried Tobi a few times and all it seemed to do for me is increase my asthma and bronchospasms. I know it has helped a lot of people, but unfortunately I was not one of them.

imported_Momto2

Treble

I have to be on tobi every other month and cayston every month im not on tobi. :/

For me, they don't really keep away the frequency of infections. What they instead do, is keep my body from collapsing in on itself.
If I don't take them every single day without missing a dose, I wind up coughing so hard that I start vomiting, and the bleeding, and then pulling muscles... and it just gets all sorts of ugly. ***** literally starts up if im 2-3 hours late on a dose.

and my FEV1 is at like 50% too, so im not exactly in horrible shape or anything. I just get really sick really fast due to the ***** in my lungs, even if it isn't killing off my airways.

Treble

I have to be on tobi every other month and cayston every month im not on tobi. :/

For me, they don't really keep away the frequency of infections. What they instead do, is keep my body from collapsing in on itself.
If I don't take them every single day without missing a dose, I wind up coughing so hard that I start vomiting, and the bleeding, and then pulling muscles... and it just gets all sorts of ugly. ***** literally starts up if im 2-3 hours late on a dose.

and my FEV1 is at like 50% too, so im not exactly in horrible shape or anything. I just get really sick really fast due to the ***** in my lungs, even if it isn't killing off my airways.

Treble

<br />
<br />For me, they don't really keep away the frequency of infections. What they instead do, is keep my body from collapsing in on itself.
<br />If I don't take them every single day without missing a dose, I wind up coughing so hard that I start vomiting, and the bleeding, and then pulling muscles... and it just gets all sorts of ugly. ***** literally starts up if im 2-3 hours late on a dose.
<br />
<br />and my FEV1 is at like 50% too, so im not exactly in horrible shape or anything. I just get really sick really fast due to the ***** in my lungs, even if it isn't killing off my airways.