Does your state have finiancial progrAms for cfpatients

minimedic304

In the Florida there is agobernment program to financialy assist cf patients but they cut the funding severely. Are there other states that have similiar program. Not talking about Medicare or Medicaid.

How much do you think should be given to you or how much would help make your finances a little better. ??

For me $250 every three months would take away alotof my stress since that's a good chunk of what I pay for meds

minimedic304

In the Florida there is agobernment program to financialy assist cf patients but they cut the funding severely. Are there other states that have similiar program. Not talking about Medicare or Medicaid.

How much do you think should be given to you or how much would help make your finances a little better. ??

For me $250 every three months would take away alotof my stress since that's a good chunk of what I pay for meds

minimedic304

minimedic304

minimedic304

<br />
<br />How much do you think should be given to you or how much would help make your finances a little better. ??
<br />
<br />For me $250 every three months would take away alotof my stress since that's a good chunk of what I pay for meds

M

Mommafirst

In Ohio we have BCMH (Bureau of Children with Medical handicaps). Having CF goes a long way in terms of being accepted, but is not a given. They do look at finances, costs, etc. We make a good deal on paper, but our costs most definitely leave us with very little to live on. We qualified for BCMH as a secondary insurance that covers my daughter's medicine and doctor visit co-pays. Its made a HUGE difference for us. Unfortunately, the program ages out for most patients with CF at 18. There is no other program in our state that is CF eligible.

M

Mommafirst

In Ohio we have BCMH (Bureau of Children with Medical handicaps). Having CF goes a long way in terms of being accepted, but is not a given. They do look at finances, costs, etc. We make a good deal on paper, but our costs most definitely leave us with very little to live on. We qualified for BCMH as a secondary insurance that covers my daughter's medicine and doctor visit co-pays. Its made a HUGE difference for us. Unfortunately, the program ages out for most patients with CF at 18. There is no other program in our state that is CF eligible.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

petitesouris

Hi. I haven't been here in a while, probably over a year now, but I still follow this site sometimes. I just wanted to chime in and say to Heather, I know that BCMH extends coverage to adults with CF. I was in the program when I lost my insurance. Of course they may have changed their policy since I was covered in 2005-2007.

California has GHPP which is very similar to BCMH.
New Mexico has a very limited program (like 15,000 per patient annually).
As far as I know there are no programs in North Carolina, Maine, or Alabama beyond Medicaid.

A good place to look for what states offer government support is the CFF website. I think it's under the patient assistance tab, or something like that.

Anyway, government assistance does help a lot, especially if you are ever in a tight spot with no insurance. I can't say how much money I would take a month because in the programs I've been in anyway, it's not like they cut you a check. It's just like insurance, they pick up expenses that your regular insurance won't cover, or those that you can't take care of out of pocket. The hospital bills them before they bill you.

petitesouris

Hi. I haven't been here in a while, probably over a year now, but I still follow this site sometimes. I just wanted to chime in and say to Heather, I know that BCMH extends coverage to adults with CF. I was in the program when I lost my insurance. Of course they may have changed their policy since I was covered in 2005-2007.

As far as I know there are no programs in North Carolina, Maine, or Alabama beyond Medicaid.

A good place to look for what states offer government support is the CFF website. I think it's under the patient assistance tab, or something like that.

Anyway, government assistance does help a lot, especially if you are ever in a tight spot with no insurance. I can't say how much money I would take a month because in the programs I've been in anyway, it's not like they cut you a check. It's just like insurance, they pick up expenses that your regular insurance won't cover, or those that you can't take care of out of pocket. The hospital bills them before they bill you.

petitesouris

petitesouris

petitesouris

<br />
<br />California has GHPP which is very similar to BCMH.
<br />New Mexico has a very limited program (like 15,000 per patient annually).
<br />As far as I know there are no programs in North Carolina, Maine, or Alabama beyond Medicaid.
<br />
<br />A good place to look for what states offer government support is the CFF website. I think it's under the patient assistance tab, or something like that.
<br />
<br />Anyway, government assistance does help a lot, especially if you are ever in a tight spot with no insurance. I can't say how much money I would take a month because in the programs I've been in anyway, it's not like they cut you a check. It's just like insurance, they pick up expenses that your regular insurance won't cover, or those that you can't take care of out of pocket. The hospital bills them before they bill you.

reagansmom

In Texas, there is CSHCN (Children with Special Healthcare Needs). CF is an approved illness, but they also take income into account. DD has been on the waiting list for 6 months, and a Social Worker for the program called last week to schedule a "Needs Assessment." She will be coming to my house this week. ((fingers crossed)) I think it works just like BCMH, which would be great!! After insurance and copays, we are left with very little to live on, but Medicaid and CHIP do not take that into account, they only want your gross income.

reagansmom

In Texas, there is CSHCN (Children with Special Healthcare Needs). CF is an approved illness, but they also take income into account. DD has been on the waiting list for 6 months, and a Social Worker for the program called last week to schedule a "Needs Assessment." She will be coming to my house this week. ((fingers crossed)) I think it works just like BCMH, which would be great!! After insurance and copays, we are left with very little to live on, but Medicaid and CHIP do not take that into account, they only want your gross income.

reagansmom

reagansmom

reagansmom