Does your state have finiancial progrAms for cfpatients

M

Mommafirst

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>petitesouris</b></i>

snip..... I just wanted to chime in and say to Heather, I know that BCMH extends coverage to adults with CF. I was in the program when I lost my insurance. Of course they may have changed their policy since I was covered in 2005-2007.

....</end quote></div>

Thanks for the info. Yes I do know that some adults with CF can get extensions, but the recent budget issues in the state has seen some cutbacks in this adult program. As I understand it, BCMH will now only cover something like 6 days inpatient each calendar year for adults over 18. UGH -- for many that really doesn't help much.

M

Mommafirst

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>petitesouris</b></i>

snip..... I just wanted to chime in and say to Heather, I know that BCMH extends coverage to adults with CF. I was in the program when I lost my insurance. Of course they may have changed their policy since I was covered in 2005-2007.

....</end quote></div>

Thanks for the info. Yes I do know that some adults with CF can get extensions, but the recent budget issues in the state has seen some cutbacks in this adult program. As I understand it, BCMH will now only cover something like 6 days inpatient each calendar year for adults over 18. UGH -- for many that really doesn't help much.

M

Mommafirst

....</end quote></div>

M

Mommafirst

....</end quote>

M

Mommafirst

<br />
<br />snip..... I just wanted to chime in and say to Heather, I know that BCMH extends coverage to adults with CF. I was in the program when I lost my insurance. Of course they may have changed their policy since I was covered in 2005-2007.
<br />
<br />
<br />....</end quote>
<br />
<br />Thanks for the info. Yes I do know that some adults with CF can get extensions, but the recent budget issues in the state has seen some cutbacks in this adult program. As I understand it, BCMH will now only cover something like 6 days inpatient each calendar year for adults over 18. UGH -- for many that really doesn't help much.

crystalina0814

I have bcmh and I am a 27 y/o....I love it because they pay for everything that my primary insurance does not!! It is their adult cf bcmh program!

crystalina0814

I have bcmh and I am a 27 y/o....I love it because they pay for everything that my primary insurance does not!! It is their adult cf bcmh program!

crystalina0814

crystalina0814

crystalina0814

nicole781

I also haven't been here in a while, but wanted to jump in. We live in Pennsylvania, and they offer a great program here. I believe it's called the MA loophole, or something like that. If you have private insurance, it allows the state insurance to become a secondary, covering anything that the primary won't: co-pays, prescriptions, etc..

If you don't have a primary, then the state insurance becomes your primary.

There are no income limits, as far as I know. It is based entirely upon the CF diagnosis.

nicole781

I also haven't been here in a while, but wanted to jump in. We live in Pennsylvania, and they offer a great program here. I believe it's called the MA loophole, or something like that. If you have private insurance, it allows the state insurance to become a secondary, covering anything that the primary won't: co-pays, prescriptions, etc..

There are no income limits, as far as I know. It is based entirely upon the CF diagnosis.

nicole781

nicole781

nicole781

<br />
<br />If you don't have a primary, then the state insurance becomes your primary.
<br />
<br />There are no income limits, as far as I know. It is based entirely upon the CF diagnosis.

J

JasonDBrown

Indiana... CSHCS (Children's special health cre services) Takes care of everything to do with CF including Meds. Limits are an income of less than $30,000 per year. Hospital visits, Dr. visits and Meds add up. If I made $70,000 + per year I would be in worst shape without it... I hope this helps.

-Jason 34 w/ CF

J

JasonDBrown

Indiana... CSHCS (Children's special health cre services) Takes care of everything to do with CF including Meds. Limits are an income of less than $30,000 per year. Hospital visits, Dr. visits and Meds add up. If I made $70,000 + per year I would be in worst shape without it... I hope this helps.

-Jason 34 w/ CF

J

JasonDBrown

-Jason 34 w/ CF

J

JasonDBrown

-Jason 34 w/ CF

J

JasonDBrown

<br />
<br />-Jason 34 w/ CF