Donating Blood

albino15

I'm planning on donating blood and I have a couple of questions for CFers.  Does anyone know if taking azithromycin or tobramycin (inhaled form) disqualify you from donating?    

albino15

I'm planning on donating blood and I have a couple of questions for CFers. Does anyone know if taking azithromycin or tobramycin (inhaled form) disqualify you from donating?

albino15

I'm planning on donating blood and I have a couple of questions for CFers. Does anyone know if taking azithromycin or tobramycin (inhaled form) disqualify you from donating?

robert321

I'm pretty sure the antibiotics disqualify cfers, but I have heard both ways as to whether or not we can donate blood. Personally I don't want those phlebotomists going after my veins. Good phelbotomists work in hospitals or labs with more regular working hours and better pay than is offered by blood donation center positions

robert321

I'm pretty sure the antibiotics disqualify cfers, but I have heard both ways as to whether or not we can donate blood. Personally I don't want those phlebotomists going after my veins. Good phelbotomists work in hospitals or labs with more regular working hours and better pay than is offered by blood donation center positions

robert321

Jana

Last time I did it was before I started the azithromycin, and one of the questions was if you were on any antibiotic. I happened to not be on anything just then so was able to give the blood.

FYI, though, when my doctor found out I'd done it, she told me she thought it was a bad idea for my health.

It makes me sad since it's something I would like to do, but with the constant antibiotic disqualifying me as a donor, I don't have to make the decision.

Jana

Last time I did it was before I started the azithromycin, and one of the questions was if you were on any antibiotic. I happened to not be on anything just then so was able to give the blood.

FYI, though, when my doctor found out I'd done it, she told me she thought it was a bad idea for my health.

It makes me sad since it's something I would like to do, but with the constant antibiotic disqualifying me as a donor, I don't have to make the decision.

Jana

<br />
<br />FYI, though, when my doctor found out I'd done it, she told me she thought it was a bad idea for my health.
<br />
<br />It makes me sad since it's something I would like to do, but with the constant antibiotic disqualifying me as a donor, I don't have to make the decision.

Brad

When I was in my 20s I donated Blood at the Red Cross every other month,,
This was back in the late 70s early 80s. As I understand Now once every
3 or 4 months is better advised.. Also I never donated if I was on Abx

Brad

This was back in the late 70s early 80s. As I understand Now once every
3 or 4 months is better advised.. Also I never donated if I was on Abx

Brad

<br />This was back in the late 70s early 80s. As I understand Now once every
<br /> 3 or 4 months is better advised.. Also I never donated if I was on Abx

dukeblue1206

I've only given blood twice and both times were for myself. I knew I was having back surgery for Scoliosis ahead of time and they knew I would need blood so I gave some bags of it for myself along with my dad. I remember that needle being a lot bigger gauge than the one they take blood with to check everything at my CF center or hospital..lol

dukeblue1206

I've only given blood twice and both times were for myself. I knew I was having back surgery for Scoliosis ahead of time and they knew I would need blood so I gave some bags of it for myself along with my dad. I remember that needle being a lot bigger gauge than the one they take blood with to check everything at my CF center or hospital..lol

dukeblue1206