Donating medical supplies to Haiti

CFkitty

It is ILLEGAL to give someone else medication that is not prescribed for them. It is also very unsafe, even if unopened, as the recipient is not receiving them under physician care.

I am not sure, but certain equipment may also fall under prescribing laws. In my state, I need a prescription to get a nebulizer cup and tubing.

I know that people with CF often share their "extras", but be aware that it is illegal and potentially harmful. There could be federal issues as well, if you mail them across state lines. Lastly, if your insurance catches wind of you giving away meds that they paid for, you can be dropped.

Medical supplies/medications donations are being solicited from AUTHORIZED providers, not individual patients. If you really want to help, please do so through the well-known appropriate channels. I know you are trying to help, but this isn't the way!

CFkitty

It is ILLEGAL to give someone else medication that is not prescribed for them. It is also very unsafe, even if unopened, as the recipient is not receiving them under physician care.

I am not sure, but certain equipment may also fall under prescribing laws. In my state, I need a prescription to get a nebulizer cup and tubing.

I know that people with CF often share their "extras", but be aware that it is illegal and potentially harmful. There could be federal issues as well, if you mail them across state lines. Lastly, if your insurance catches wind of you giving away meds that they paid for, you can be dropped.

Medical supplies/medications donations are being solicited from AUTHORIZED providers, not individual patients. If you really want to help, please do so through the well-known appropriate channels. I know you are trying to help, but this isn't the way!

CFkitty

CFkitty

CFkitty

<br />
<br />I am not sure, but certain equipment may also fall under prescribing laws. In my state, I need a prescription to get a nebulizer cup and tubing.
<br />
<br />I know that people with CF often share their "extras", but be aware that it is illegal and potentially harmful. There could be federal issues as well, if you mail them across state lines. Lastly, if your insurance catches wind of you giving away meds that they paid for, you can be dropped.
<br />
<br />Medical supplies/medications donations are being solicited from AUTHORIZED providers, not individual patients. If you really want to help, please do so through the well-known appropriate channels. I know you are trying to help, but this isn't the way!

K

Keepercjr

The best way to help out is to donate cold hard cash. All the in kind donations are really generous thoughts but the most practical is money that can be spent however it is needed.

K

Keepercjr

The best way to help out is to donate cold hard cash. All the in kind donations are really generous thoughts but the most practical is money that can be spent however it is needed.

K

Keepercjr

K

Keepercjr

K

Keepercjr