Donor Sperm

GordonsGirl

So I was thinking about using donor sperm, and I've been reading profiles on the donor sites... I just really don't want a stranger's dna inside of me. This led me to think about having a good male friend donate his sperm. I trust him, I know his medical and family history, and I feel comfortable with his dna. However, I don't think my husband would like me to have the baby of someone else who is a friend of mine.

So then I was thinking about the fact that in donors I have been looking for someone with similar dna to my husband.. and here's the part where I throw up in my mouth a little... I was thinking that his dad has the same dna as he does...

Is that the grossest idea ever? It just seems like keeping it in the family would be idea, and my husband would still get to share dna with his baby.

Even if this idea wasn't completely gross, there is the idea that my husband won't even take money from his parents.....

I guess I need someone to give me some feedback on this idea, because if I'm nuts I need someone to tell me before I say anything to my DH.

Thanks, and sorry if I made you throw up.

GordonsGirl

So I was thinking about using donor sperm, and I've been reading profiles on the donor sites... I just really don't want a stranger's dna inside of me. This led me to think about having a good male friend donate his sperm. I trust him, I know his medical and family history, and I feel comfortable with his dna. However, I don't think my husband would like me to have the baby of someone else who is a friend of mine.

So then I was thinking about the fact that in donors I have been looking for someone with similar dna to my husband.. and here's the part where I throw up in my mouth a little... I was thinking that his dad has the same dna as he does...

Is that the grossest idea ever? It just seems like keeping it in the family would be idea, and my husband would still get to share dna with his baby.

Even if this idea wasn't completely gross, there is the idea that my husband won't even take money from his parents.....

I guess I need someone to give me some feedback on this idea, because if I'm nuts I need someone to tell me before I say anything to my DH.

GordonsGirl

GordonsGirl

GordonsGirl

<br />
<br />So then I was thinking about the fact that in donors I have been looking for someone with similar dna to my husband.. and here's the part where I throw up in my mouth a little... I was thinking that his dad has the same dna as he does...
<br />
<br />Is that the grossest idea ever? It just seems like keeping it in the family would be idea, and my husband would still get to share dna with his baby.
<br />
<br />Even if this idea wasn't completely gross, there is the idea that my husband won't even take money from his parents.....
<br />
<br />I guess I need someone to give me some feedback on this idea, because if I'm nuts I need someone to tell me before I say anything to my DH.
<br />
<br />Thanks, and sorry if I made you throw up.

princessjdc

I think its a good idea for keeping the dna in the family but I also think that it would be wierd having a child knowing that it came from your father in law. I dont know what kind of advice to give you, um is there any way they can take sperm from your husband? They do have a procedure to where they can do that dont they? Sorry if I wasnt much help, but I would diffantly try and see if there is a way to get it from your husband first before thinking of the father in law.

princessjdc

I think its a good idea for keeping the dna in the family but I also think that it would be wierd having a child knowing that it came from your father in law. I dont know what kind of advice to give you, um is there any way they can take sperm from your husband? They do have a procedure to where they can do that dont they? Sorry if I wasnt much help, but I would diffantly try and see if there is a way to get it from your husband first before thinking of the father in law.

princessjdc

princessjdc

princessjdc

GordonsGirl

From my research and doctors they say they can't do IUI with the sperm they would take from my husband, only IVF. I can't see spending that much money to bring a child into the world. It's not for us.

GordonsGirl

From my research and doctors they say they can't do IUI with the sperm they would take from my husband, only IVF. I can't see spending that much money to bring a child into the world. It's not for us.

GordonsGirl

GordonsGirl

GordonsGirl

julie

I was just talking about this with a good girlfriend of mine the other day. When I was considering IUI, we were talking about donor sperm, which was WAY out of the question for Mark. He wanted a child that was 100% biologically mine AND his, or a child that was NOT biologically mine or his.

We did breifly talk about his brother being a donor, because then the child would be related to him, but after thinking and talking about it we both agreed that it would make things too strange, and the relationship between him and his brother, and me and his brother would never be the same.

I don't think you are crazy, and it's not gross to me, considering the circumstances and your DH's CF. I do however, think the family relationship would be strained because of it.

Have you looked into the scholarship programs for IVF? www.inciid.org, they pay 100% if you are selected. I was actually picked in their top 5 three years ago, but I was already pregnant when they notified me, so they passed it onto the next person.

julie

I was just talking about this with a good girlfriend of mine the other day. When I was considering IUI, we were talking about donor sperm, which was WAY out of the question for Mark. He wanted a child that was 100% biologically mine AND his, or a child that was NOT biologically mine or his.

We did breifly talk about his brother being a donor, because then the child would be related to him, but after thinking and talking about it we both agreed that it would make things too strange, and the relationship between him and his brother, and me and his brother would never be the same.

I don't think you are crazy, and it's not gross to me, considering the circumstances and your DH's CF. I do however, think the family relationship would be strained because of it.

Have you looked into the scholarship programs for IVF? www.inciid.org, they pay 100% if you are selected. I was actually picked in their top 5 three years ago, but I was already pregnant when they notified me, so they passed it onto the next person.

julie

julie

julie

<br />
<br />We did breifly talk about his brother being a donor, because then the child would be related to him, but after thinking and talking about it we both agreed that it would make things too strange, and the relationship between him and his brother, and me and his brother would never be the same.
<br />
<br />I don't think you are crazy, and it's not gross to me, considering the circumstances and your DH's CF. I do however, think the family relationship would be strained because of it.
<br />
<br />Have you looked into the scholarship programs for IVF? www.inciid.org, they pay 100% if you are selected. I was actually picked in their top 5 three years ago, but I was already pregnant when they notified me, so they passed it onto the next person.