Don't know what to do

B

Beckman

Forgive my grammar and punctuation, as i am under much stress while i type this.

Ok, so earlier this month i was not doing well health wise, I'm 17, dreadfully underweight, and in need of 5-6 liters of liquid oxygen(OXYGEN) throughout the day,with Cpap at night, my breathing was very shallow and i could i not move anywhere at all without feeling VERY winded, even eating meals would wear me out. So then my breathing got so bad, i needed to be rushed in by ambulance where it took me a day to stabilize, and then a further 13 days on rounds of iv antibiotics.

By the end of the of the two weeks my mom wanted me out and back at home as she thought she could care for me better there, But i felt that my body was still in recovery mode and i wanted to stay there at least another 1-2 weeks or until my body was in better shape. But she fought me and insisted to the doctors that i be brought back home.

So here i am back at home, still on lots oxygen, very weak and winded. I feel like i lost whatever progress i gained in the hospital, as my health is back to its frail state, and just from walking to bathroom(BATHROOM), i felt like i was going to pass out and die... Much anxiety, I feel like im living in between life and death every day here and I'm unable to enjoy myself. Right now I'm conflicted. because i know my mom would rather have me here where she can look after me better and my other three siblings. As much as i would love to be home and close to family and pets, I feel my health is a much higher piority at this point, and i need to be back in the hospital asap

Am i making the right decision?:(

Aboveallislove

Super Moderator
I am so sorry what you are facing. And I am a mom, so I can totally understand where she is coming from, but if my son were where you are, what I would like him to do is find a time (right away) when you can say "mom, I really need to talk to you, do you have five minutes." And from there explain "mom, I love you very much and I need to tell you something very important and please, please, let me finish so I can get it out because this is so hard for me. I hate the hospital, but I need to be there now." Then elaborate very slowly and in detail why. End with I need your support mom. . . Can you please call the CF clinic now and tell them I need to be admitted." As much as I hate the hospital and would hate that to be what my son needs and wants, I would listen. Hang in there and please keep us posted. Hugs to you and your family.

Printer

God, please save us from Mothers who, because they have given birth, believe that they know more about CF than the CF Team at the hospital and by their actions bring upon a deterioration of health to their child.

I ask this in your name.

Bill

F

FalseDisposition

Oh man, I wouldn't want my son leaving the hospital until I was positive he was back to normal health! I don't trust myself as much as the doctors who actually have degrees in this field! I'd head straight back to the hospital!

F

FalseDisposition

Amen to that! I would NEVER think I knew better! I know I don't!