Drainage from nose

princesskinzy

Does anyone else get REALLY bad drainage from their nose to their throats??? I do frequently and it hurts so bad. I have not been diagnosed with Cf yet. but I was just wondering if this was normal. The drainage is so bad I can't swallow or eat, I look in the back of my throat and it coated with whitish/yellow stuff, it's like I have NO room to breathe through my airway because it is so swollen. I also throw up a bunch of Mucus that is clear but tinted yellow. Like I could easily fill up a cup with how much mucus I cough\ throw up. Also I had a sinus surgery about 8 months ago due to a chronic sinus infection. I had a bunch of polyps that my ENT removed. My ENT also said that my nose anatomy is so small and unique and he told me has never seen anything like that before. He said I'm special. I was supposed to be tested for cystic fibrosis when I was younger, but parents declined. So should I bring up CF with my ENT? I am thinking I'm going to have to have another sinus surgery soon:( Also I'm scared to talk to my doctor about cystic fibrosis because I do not want to sound like a hypochondriac! but obviously something is wrong if this is third time I have been sick in the last month. My cough does Not go away! it is annoying. Sitting at school and having to leave the class room because I can't stop coughing.

jaimers

Super Moderator
The cough could be from the drainage in your nose. It sounds like you may need to go see your ENT again. Do you do any type of sinus rinses? They have medicated ones as well as plain saline and that may help you. As far as your concern about CF--do you have other symptoms besides your sinuses? That could certainly be caused by CF. If you are concerned I would ask your doc. I wouldn't worry about sounding like a hypochondriac. You have a legitimate concern and as your doctor they should address it.
good luck!

kmhbeauty

The cough could be from the drainage in your nose. It sounds like you may need to go see your ENT again. Do you do any type of sinus rinses? They have medicated ones as well as plain saline and that may help you. As far as your concern about CF--do you have other symptoms besides your sinuses? That could certainly be caused by CF. If you are concerned I would ask your doc. I wouldn't worry about sounding like a hypochondriac. You have a legitimate concern and as your doctor they should address it.
good luck!

The white things at the back of your throat are probably tonsil stones. I get them too and they totally suck. I get them when my immune system is down and I'm fighting something. The only thing I have found to get rid of them quick is to do my nutribullet with lots of fruits and veggies and a clove of garlic. I believe its the garlic that helps and when it hits the tonsils when you swallow, gets rid of them. I had them a couple days ago. Did two nutribullets with garlic and they are gone today.

J

Jeana_Lynn

If someone recommended that you get tested for CF more than once, you must have shown symptoms. I would recommend advocating for yourself and getting tested. It is better to be tested and not have CF than to wait and acquire damage to your lungs from lack of treatment.

princesskinzy

good luck!

I do Neil med sinus rinse (the clear bottle), I take singular and I also do my pur mist steam Inhaler but I still get drainage. I have been on steriod nasal sprays too.
Other symptoms
Well I have always had digestive problems my whole life but every DR I went to about that could not find anything wrong. I am 22 years old, 5 '1 (5 feet 1 inch) and 98 pounds. People always think I am 13-14 YEARS OLD it's so annoying. Because no matter how much I eat, I will not gain weight.

Also I had my tonsils AND adenoids removed so I did not think they were tonsil stones.
I'm so scared that everyone think that I am being a hypochondriac. I am literally sick all the time. (Maybe 2-3 weeks of being well, then sick again) However the Drainage in the back of my throat (The whitish lining) NEVER GOES Away.

jaimers

Super Moderator
With your weight issues and the "eating tons but never gaining weight" it certainly could be CF. As someone above me mentioned its defintely worth asking about rather than waiting for more damage to be done. If you're scared to ask maybe email your concerns to the doctor and ask to discuss it at your next appointment. That way they can be prepared and you don't have to bring it up out of the blue. But fight for yourself! You deserve to have an answer and so don't let anyone make you feel silly or stupid for asking.

princesskinzy

Thanks for your reply. I just had an MRI done on my head, and it showed my sinuses inflamed and my nasal polyps have came back :(
My ENT seemed concerned on the phone. He said that he was not sure why my polyps are back and why my sinuses look even worse than they were before the surgery I had in May. I am going back to him this week. I am going to bring up the Cystic Fibrosis thing because honestly it is the only LOGICAL explanation for all of this. I just had my nasal polyps removed in May and they are BACK? I am so scared and concerned that something else is going on. I am nervous, but it is better just to tell him about the CF possibility.