Drug Resistant Bacteria

sidekickj

Hey All-
Wondering if anyone knows what comes after you are no longer sensitive to IV Tobramycin. I've been on this drug every hospital stay for as long as I can remember and was just moved to INTERMEDIATE status for it. Any input would be helpful. The line I'm getting from my doctor is "Lets cross that bridge when we get there." I would like to know what's coming if possible.
F/CF/24

sidekickj

Hey All-
Wondering if anyone knows what comes after you are no longer sensitive to IV Tobramycin. I've been on this drug every hospital stay for as long as I can remember and was just moved to INTERMEDIATE status for it. Any input would be helpful. The line I'm getting from my doctor is "Lets cross that bridge when we get there." I would like to know what's coming if possible.
F/CF/24

sidekickj

Hey All-
F/CF/24

sidekickj

Hey All-
F/CF/24

sidekickj

Hey All-
<br />Wondering if anyone knows what comes after you are no longer sensitive to IV Tobramycin. I've been on this drug every hospital stay for as long as I can remember and was just moved to INTERMEDIATE status for it. Any input would be helpful. The line I'm getting from my doctor is "Lets cross that bridge when we get there." I would like to know what's coming if possible.
<br />F/CF/24

LouLou

Are you using the Tobra to treat PA?
If so, you will likely be put on Ceftaz or Merrem when you become resistant to Tobra. They will also still run Tobra because the other drugs are more effective (synergistic effects) if Tobra is used concurrently.

LouLou

If so, you will likely be put on Ceftaz or Merrem when you become resistant to Tobra. They will also still run Tobra because the other drugs are more effective (synergistic effects) if Tobra is used concurrently.

LouLou

LouLou

LouLou

<br />If so, you will likely be put on Ceftaz or Merrem when you become resistant to Tobra. They will also still run Tobra because the other drugs are more effective (synergistic effects) if Tobra is used concurrently.