Dry Cough

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Good idea to up the CPT and albuterol. You could also try a steamy shower, I used to do this with MAggie when she had a cough/cold. Often I would hold Maggie in the bathroom while my husband took his shower before work and it would relax her airways a bit and make her nose run. A nice warm bath is good too. Make sure your baby is drinking lots of fluids and if you're still worried or the cough is still bothersome for example keeping him up at night, bring him in for a culture. It's so hard when they are babys can't talk and you are trying to figure everything out.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Good idea to up the CPT and albuterol. You could also try a steamy shower, I used to do this with MAggie when she had a cough/cold. Often I would hold Maggie in the bathroom while my husband took his shower before work and it would relax her airways a bit and make her nose run. A nice warm bath is good too. Make sure your baby is drinking lots of fluids and if you're still worried or the cough is still bothersome for example keeping him up at night, bring him in for a culture. It's so hard when they are babys can't talk and you are trying to figure everything out.

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

65rosessamurai

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>SHUZEN</b></i>

It sounds like he is suffering heavy "STRESS", What's needed!

Oil in his diet!

Drink much more, but not just water...soups!

Make sure he is a little warmer at night, and while asleep, make sure that his shoulders are kept warm!

This type of cough can be the cause of too much negativity! especially around children!

Remember this! CF Sufferers need a quiet environment but at the same time, an environment, which allows them the opportunity to express themselves at any time without recieving too much negitivity in return for their thoughts!</end quote></div>

Hi SHUZEN!

Although I agree with the suggestion you made, the only thing I don't understand is why he needs more oil, and what kind of oil is it you are referring to?
My experience and understanding with oil (especially experience) is that us CF patients do not absorb oils very well at all, thus causing serious digestive trouble. However, if the oil is a vegetable oil, like Saffron oil, it would be much better for digestion and absorption.
Lately, my wife has been pushing more water into me, especially when it seems I have dry coughing spells as well.

65rosessamurai

Oil in his diet!

Make sure he is a little warmer at night, and while asleep, make sure that his shoulders are kept warm!

This type of cough can be the cause of too much negativity! especially around children!

Remember this! CF Sufferers need a quiet environment but at the same time, an environment, which allows them the opportunity to express themselves at any time without recieving too much negitivity in return for their thoughts!</end quote></div>

Hi SHUZEN!

Although I agree with the suggestion you made, the only thing I don't understand is why he needs more oil, and what kind of oil is it you are referring to?
My experience and understanding with oil (especially experience) is that us CF patients do not absorb oils very well at all, thus causing serious digestive trouble. However, if the oil is a vegetable oil, like Saffron oil, it would be much better for digestion and absorption.
Lately, my wife has been pushing more water into me, especially when it seems I have dry coughing spells as well.

65rosessamurai

Oil in his diet!

Hi SHUZEN!

65rosessamurai

Oil in his diet!

Remember this! CF Sufferers need a quiet environment but at the same time, an environment, which allows them the opportunity to express themselves at any time without recieving too much negitivity in return for their thoughts!</end quote>

Hi SHUZEN!

65rosessamurai

Oil in his diet!

Remember this! CF Sufferers need a quiet environment but at the same time, an environment, which allows them the opportunity to express themselves at any time without recieving too much negitivity in return for their thoughts!</end quote>

Hi SHUZEN!