Dry feet, nasty toenails...

crystalina0814

Does any other Cf'ers out there have disgusting feet! Haha...seriously. My feet are ALWAYS dry, scaly, crusty, and I hate how abnormally large my toenails are. Plus they are so thick and grow so fast. I guess I need to start getting regular pedicures...but those are so expensive. What do you guys do to help the best you can with these problems. My toenails and fingernails have always been embarrasing to me!

crystalina0814

Does any other Cf'ers out there have disgusting feet! Haha...seriously. My feet are ALWAYS dry, scaly, crusty, and I hate how abnormally large my toenails are. Plus they are so thick and grow so fast. I guess I need to start getting regular pedicures...but those are so expensive. What do you guys do to help the best you can with these problems. My toenails and fingernails have always been embarrasing to me!

crystalina0814

crystalina0814

crystalina0814

dewgirl

First, the thing that came to my mind when reading your post is are you diabetic? My feet became excessively dry right before I was diagnosed with CFRD so that may be an indication. You might want to check things out just to be sure. Dr. Scholl's foot creams work best for moisturizer that lasts and gets deep enough in the skin to heal.

Secondly, I felt the same way you do about my nails for a long time. I don't think I ever wore a shoe that showed my toenails until I was around 30. This limited the choices available to satisfy my shoe fetish to say the very least!

Then, while getting a pedicure, the technician commented on how nice it was to draw those little flowers and such on my toes verses the average person's toes because of my larger size nail. Since then, for whatever reason, I've embraced my toenails. Every chance I get I have a pedicure and ask the tech to freehand designs on my big toe nails. You can also buy nail designs in any cosmetic department that you stick on and give yourself your own pedicure.

I still hate my fingernails though. I've never met another CFer with clubbing as sever as mine. And I'm half Italian so I talk with my hands. If I am meeting someone for the first time I usually don't get through two sentences before they are noticeably watching my hands. I've contemplated saying something seriously off the wall in times like those just to see if they even hear it but I can't decide on a good phrase.

dewgirl

First, the thing that came to my mind when reading your post is are you diabetic? My feet became excessively dry right before I was diagnosed with CFRD so that may be an indication. You might want to check things out just to be sure. Dr. Scholl's foot creams work best for moisturizer that lasts and gets deep enough in the skin to heal.

Secondly, I felt the same way you do about my nails for a long time. I don't think I ever wore a shoe that showed my toenails until I was around 30. This limited the choices available to satisfy my shoe fetish to say the very least!

Then, while getting a pedicure, the technician commented on how nice it was to draw those little flowers and such on my toes verses the average person's toes because of my larger size nail. Since then, for whatever reason, I've embraced my toenails. Every chance I get I have a pedicure and ask the tech to freehand designs on my big toe nails. You can also buy nail designs in any cosmetic department that you stick on and give yourself your own pedicure.

I still hate my fingernails though. I've never met another CFer with clubbing as sever as mine. And I'm half Italian so I talk with my hands. If I am meeting someone for the first time I usually don't get through two sentences before they are noticeably watching my hands. I've contemplated saying something seriously off the wall in times like those just to see if they even hear it but I can't decide on a good phrase.

dewgirl

dewgirl

dewgirl

<br />
<br />Secondly, I felt the same way you do about my nails for a long time. I don't think I ever wore a shoe that showed my toenails until I was around 30. This limited the choices available to satisfy my shoe fetish to say the very least!
<br />
<br />Then, while getting a pedicure, the technician commented on how nice it was to draw those little flowers and such on my toes verses the average person's toes because of my larger size nail. Since then, for whatever reason, I've embraced my toenails. Every chance I get I have a pedicure and ask the tech to freehand designs on my big toe nails. You can also buy nail designs in any cosmetic department that you stick on and give yourself your own pedicure.
<br />
<br />I still hate my fingernails though. I've never met another CFer with clubbing as sever as mine. And I'm half Italian so I talk with my hands. If I am meeting someone for the first time I usually don't get through two sentences before they are noticeably watching my hands. I've contemplated saying something seriously off the wall in times like those just to see if they even hear it but I can't decide on a good phrase.

A

Aspiemom

Ask my son how nasty my feet are. Especially my nails. I had fungal toenails when I was around 20 and eventually had 2 nails removed. They get so thick I can't cut them - I used to use an electric knife - and it hurts to wear enclosed shoes.

My heels are a constant problem. They crack and bleed. I put Vicks on them at times and cover them with gauze to soften them.

(I'm not diabetic.)

A

Aspiemom

Ask my son how nasty my feet are. Especially my nails. I had fungal toenails when I was around 20 and eventually had 2 nails removed. They get so thick I can't cut them - I used to use an electric knife - and it hurts to wear enclosed shoes.

My heels are a constant problem. They crack and bleed. I put Vicks on them at times and cover them with gauze to soften them.

(I'm not diabetic.)

A

Aspiemom

(I'm not diabetic.)

A

Aspiemom

(I'm not diabetic.)

A

Aspiemom

<br />
<br />My heels are a constant problem. They crack and bleed. I put Vicks on them at times and cover them with gauze to soften them.
<br />
<br />(I'm not diabetic.)

crystalina0814

Whew! After nobody responded for awhile, I was starting to think I was the only one!!

I did have a 3 hour glucose test about 6 weeks ago that came back perfectly fine.

I am just sick of having gross feet! And no lotion or cream has seemed to work! I even tried crisco with socks on for a few nights! I will try your suggestions though.

And yes, I have broken many nail clippers trying to cut through my big toenail!

crystalina0814

Whew! After nobody responded for awhile, I was starting to think I was the only one!!

I did have a 3 hour glucose test about 6 weeks ago that came back perfectly fine.

I am just sick of having gross feet! And no lotion or cream has seemed to work! I even tried crisco with socks on for a few nights! I will try your suggestions though.

crystalina0814

crystalina0814

crystalina0814

<br />
<br />I did have a 3 hour glucose test about 6 weeks ago that came back perfectly fine.
<br />
<br />I am just sick of having gross feet! And no lotion or cream has seemed to work! I even tried crisco with socks on for a few nights! I will try your suggestions though.
<br />
<br />And yes, I have broken many nail clippers trying to cut through my big toenail!