Dry Mouth

mamerth

I just got home from the hospital and while I was in my mouth would get horrible dry (cotton mouth). I was on 3 different IV drugs (Tobra and 2 others) and 2 inhaled meds (xopenex and hypertonic).

I am home and had my last treatments a few hours ago. My mouth is like the sahara desert. Is this typical??

mamerth

I just got home from the hospital and while I was in my mouth would get horrible dry (cotton mouth). I was on 3 different IV drugs (Tobra and 2 others) and 2 inhaled meds (xopenex and hypertonic).

I am home and had my last treatments a few hours ago. My mouth is like the sahara desert. Is this typical??

mamerth

<br />
<br />I am home and had my last treatments a few hours ago. My mouth is like the sahara desert. Is this typical??

cannedbread

I get that with multiple inhalations in a row (like... every night), epilepsy meds and being in air-conditoning for a long time, like in a hospital settings.
Hypertonic also makes my mouth dry, I think the salt content does that so it makes sense.
I haven't found anything that helps, but my dentist said to make sure to brush teeth and mouthwash because dry mouth increases teeth problems/rotting.

cannedbread

I get that with multiple inhalations in a row (like... every night), epilepsy meds and being in air-conditoning for a long time, like in a hospital settings.
Hypertonic also makes my mouth dry, I think the salt content does that so it makes sense.
I haven't found anything that helps, but my dentist said to make sure to brush teeth and mouthwash because dry mouth increases teeth problems/rotting.

cannedbread

<br />Hypertonic also makes my mouth dry, I think the salt content does that so it makes sense.
<br />I haven't found anything that helps, but my dentist said to make sure to brush teeth and mouthwash because dry mouth increases teeth problems/rotting.