Drying out?

sdavis227

DS has been having a very crusty nose lately. To the point that I would have to pull crusties out of his nose with tweezers before administering saline spray. The nurse has said that he is "drying out" and we did just have an appt. last week for him and docs said to try some claritin because it might be from allergies.

I'm just wondering if anyone has went through this and what the outcome was? We live in a very humid area and am confused why he would start drying out when it's one of the most humid times of the year? Also, it's been 3 days with claritin and I'm just not certain that it is working like the docs thought it might.

If anyone has gone through this, please let me know. . . am also wondering if he is culturing something that would cause this?

Thank you all in advance!

sdavis227

DS has been having a very crusty nose lately. To the point that I would have to pull crusties out of his nose with tweezers before administering saline spray. The nurse has said that he is "drying out" and we did just have an appt. last week for him and docs said to try some claritin because it might be from allergies.

I'm just wondering if anyone has went through this and what the outcome was? We live in a very humid area and am confused why he would start drying out when it's one of the most humid times of the year? Also, it's been 3 days with claritin and I'm just not certain that it is working like the docs thought it might.

If anyone has gone through this, please let me know. . . am also wondering if he is culturing something that would cause this?

sdavis227

sdavis227

sdavis227

<br />
<br />I'm just wondering if anyone has went through this and what the outcome was? We live in a very humid area and am confused why he would start drying out when it's one of the most humid times of the year? Also, it's been 3 days with claritin and I'm just not certain that it is working like the docs thought it might.
<br />
<br />If anyone has gone through this, please let me know. . . am also wondering if he is culturing something that would cause this?
<br />
<br />
<br />Thank you all in advance!