Duke CF Center

imported_Momto2

Can folks chime in on how they like the Duke CF center, especially its infection control procedures, doctors, responsiveness to issues, etc.? I'm also interested in any experiences people have had there with lungs transplants. Thanks a bunch. :D

Rosie55

My daughter just started there about 3 months ago. Her experience has been very positive, she has been particularly pleased with their responsiveness. She's 21 so she's in the adult clinic. Part of the reason she moved to their center was their transplant track record, she is not there, but just in case...

imported_Momto2

Rosie, thanks so much for the info. I'm pretty impressed with their transplant record too, and in the last 6 months went from 59% to low 40's..... (w/NO infection) My current clinic finally figured out (OK, actually I did, not them) that I have diabetes and I feel a bit better now on insulin, the horrid continuous asthma has not completely gone away. Anyhow, I've always been a firm believer in being prepared, so I'm thinking about making Duke my new headquarters. Need to speak with my current team though and get their opinion. At 43 with 2 kids, I need to make the best choice possible. Hope your daughter does well. :)

Rosie55

Good luck to you! So far she is very happy with the whole team so let us know if you have any other questions.