Dying with continuing to live

lucieblue

Hi everyone,

I currently find myself in a 'sticky' situation both physically and emotionally, and hoped you lovely people could shed some light on my situation.

Although 19, I only started college in September due to ill health (yardedar). I was put on the lung transplant register at the end of January last year, but had myself taken off it after much thought at the end of this summer.

I now have end-stage CF, with mobility problems, which my head of year at college knows about. Last week was our end of unit review which went well, but my attendance was discussed (80%), which due to me now being admitted to hospital almost every other week with constant dropping in lung functions and constant infections. She knows I have CF, at the start of the year I went and explained my situation to her (in order to get a lift pass), and although she was lovely, she obviously isn't really aware as to what CF is as she asked questions like "Its a bit like asthma right?"..."I dont really know what it is, do you take medication?".

I have had to take time off college yet again this week, and my problem lies in knowing how to approach a difficult subject with my head of year? I obviously don't want to be thrown off a course I love so much, but at the same time, I never intended on starting this course for any kind of qualification as I was aware that when I signed up in September that I wasn't waiting for any kind of transplant and that my lungs were at on their arse, and the majority of my time was spent hooked up to IV's or oxygen.

So my question is, how do you tell someone something so...hard, when you hardly even know them? Thoughts are most welcome.

Hope everyones well.
(and Merry Christmas!)
Lucie x

lucieblue

Hi everyone,

I currently find myself in a 'sticky' situation both physically and emotionally, and hoped you lovely people could shed some light on my situation.

Although 19, I only started college in September due to ill health (yardedar). I was put on the lung transplant register at the end of January last year, but had myself taken off it after much thought at the end of this summer.

I now have end-stage CF, with mobility problems, which my head of year at college knows about. Last week was our end of unit review which went well, but my attendance was discussed (80%), which due to me now being admitted to hospital almost every other week with constant dropping in lung functions and constant infections. She knows I have CF, at the start of the year I went and explained my situation to her (in order to get a lift pass), and although she was lovely, she obviously isn't really aware as to what CF is as she asked questions like "Its a bit like asthma right?"..."I dont really know what it is, do you take medication?".

I have had to take time off college yet again this week, and my problem lies in knowing how to approach a difficult subject with my head of year? I obviously don't want to be thrown off a course I love so much, but at the same time, I never intended on starting this course for any kind of qualification as I was aware that when I signed up in September that I wasn't waiting for any kind of transplant and that my lungs were at on their arse, and the majority of my time was spent hooked up to IV's or oxygen.

So my question is, how do you tell someone something so...hard, when you hardly even know them? Thoughts are most welcome.

Hope everyones well.
(and Merry Christmas!)
Lucie x

lucieblue

Hi everyone,

Hope everyones well.
(and Merry Christmas!)
Lucie x

lucieblue

Hi everyone,

Hope everyones well.
(and Merry Christmas!)
Lucie x

lucieblue

Hi everyone,
<br />
<br />I currently find myself in a 'sticky' situation both physically and emotionally, and hoped you lovely people could shed some light on my situation.
<br />
<br />Although 19, I only started college in September due to ill health (yardedar). I was put on the lung transplant register at the end of January last year, but had myself taken off it after much thought at the end of this summer.
<br />
<br />I now have end-stage CF, with mobility problems, which my head of year at college knows about. Last week was our end of unit review which went well, but my attendance was discussed (80%), which due to me now being admitted to hospital almost every other week with constant dropping in lung functions and constant infections. She knows I have CF, at the start of the year I went and explained my situation to her (in order to get a lift pass), and although she was lovely, she obviously isn't really aware as to what CF is as she asked questions like "Its a bit like asthma right?"..."I dont really know what it is, do you take medication?".
<br />
<br />I have had to take time off college yet again this week, and my problem lies in knowing how to approach a difficult subject with my head of year? I obviously don't want to be thrown off a course I love so much, but at the same time, I never intended on starting this course for any kind of qualification as I was aware that when I signed up in September that I wasn't waiting for any kind of transplant and that my lungs were at on their arse, and the majority of my time was spent hooked up to IV's or oxygen.
<br />
<br />So my question is, how do you tell someone something so...hard, when you hardly even know them? Thoughts are most welcome.
<br />
<br />Hope everyones well.
<br />(and Merry Christmas!)
<br />Lucie x

vmhoward

the best way is to give them just the facts. There are lots of things on the internet that you can print up and bring them.

Have you thought about going to school online? It has been a great blessing for me, and gives me the time I need to take care of my son. You can do your school work from just about anywhere and not have to worry about sitting in an actual class. Just a thought.

I hope you get things figured out, and please keep us posted!

vmhoward

the best way is to give them just the facts. There are lots of things on the internet that you can print up and bring them.

Have you thought about going to school online? It has been a great blessing for me, and gives me the time I need to take care of my son. You can do your school work from just about anywhere and not have to worry about sitting in an actual class. Just a thought.

vmhoward

vmhoward

vmhoward

<br />
<br />Have you thought about going to school online? It has been a great blessing for me, and gives me the time I need to take care of my son. You can do your school work from just about anywhere and not have to worry about sitting in an actual class. Just a thought.
<br />
<br />I hope you get things figured out, and please keep us posted!

fourkidsmom

I agree with Vic- print off the facts from online and take them to her. That way she can look them over on her own time too. You may want to even give her your daily medication list.

Good luck!

fourkidsmom

I agree with Vic- print off the facts from online and take them to her. That way she can look them over on her own time too. You may want to even give her your daily medication list.

Good luck!

fourkidsmom

Good luck!

fourkidsmom

Good luck!

fourkidsmom

<br />
<br />Good luck!