Dylan was doing GREAT then BAM!!

S

sdelorenzo

What a bad week for you guys!! Hope Dylan feels better soon. It can take a while for the kids to get used to the feedings. We really like my daughter's Zevex infinity pump. She does 1000ml at 95cc per hour. Since the pump is going too fast, just go down 5 or so cc's per hour per night until you notice the pump is stopping when you want it to.

Not sure why drs don't know what to do with the skin around the g-tube button. Finally, one of her drs gave her a prescription for triamcinolone acetonide (Kenalog) .5% EX CREA. It says to apply to Gtube site 3 times a day for 2 weeks, then you can repeat after a 2 week break. It has helped my daughter. I only use it once or twice and I notice an improvement.
Sharon, mom of Sophia, 7 and Jack, 5 both with cf

S

sdelorenzo

What a bad week for you guys!! Hope Dylan feels better soon. It can take a while for the kids to get used to the feedings. We really like my daughter's Zevex infinity pump. She does 1000ml at 95cc per hour. Since the pump is going too fast, just go down 5 or so cc's per hour per night until you notice the pump is stopping when you want it to.

Not sure why drs don't know what to do with the skin around the g-tube button. Finally, one of her drs gave her a prescription for triamcinolone acetonide (Kenalog) .5% EX CREA. It says to apply to Gtube site 3 times a day for 2 weeks, then you can repeat after a 2 week break. It has helped my daughter. I only use it once or twice and I notice an improvement.

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

<br />
<br />Not sure why drs don't know what to do with the skin around the g-tube button. Finally, one of her drs gave her a prescription for triamcinolone acetonide (Kenalog) .5% EX CREA. It says to apply to Gtube site 3 times a day for 2 weeks, then you can repeat after a 2 week break. It has helped my daughter. I only use it once or twice and I notice an improvement.
<br />Sharon, mom of Sophia, 7 and Jack, 5 both with cf

T

Terry

"OH>>> is there any suggestions on what to put around his tube to help heal where the stomach acid has burned his skin???"

We used A&D Ointment. Also, Marissa doesn't have much (if any at all) stomach acid come out if she takes Prevacid. We can easily tell if she didn't take it while with her mom, just by the leakage.

Terry

T

Terry

"OH>>> is there any suggestions on what to put around his tube to help heal where the stomach acid has burned his skin???"

We used A&D Ointment. Also, Marissa doesn't have much (if any at all) stomach acid come out if she takes Prevacid. We can easily tell if she didn't take it while with her mom, just by the leakage.

Terry

T

Terry

Terry

T

Terry

Terry

T

Terry

<br />
<br />We used A&D Ointment. Also, Marissa doesn't have much (if any at all) stomach acid come out if she takes Prevacid. We can easily tell if she didn't take it while with her mom, just by the leakage.
<br />
<br />Terry