e flow nebulizer?

proverbs3

I saw someone mentioned something about an e-flow. What is it and does it shorten the time for nebs? Faith does Albuterol for about 5-10 minutes, but TOBI takes anywhere from 30-40 minutes. That's just soooo long, especially in the morning trying to get ready for school.

Thank you,

proverbs3

I saw someone mentioned something about an e-flow. What is it and does it shorten the time for nebs? Faith does Albuterol for about 5-10 minutes, but TOBI takes anywhere from 30-40 minutes. That's just soooo long, especially in the morning trying to get ready for school.

Thank you,

proverbs3

Thank you,

proverbs3

Thank you,

proverbs3

Thank you,

Emily65Roses

I don't do TOBI, but yes, eFlow drastically shortens neb time. All my nebs used to take 15-20 minutes. Pulmozyme now takes about 5. Colistin takes maybe 7 or 8. The only one that's still long is the hypertonic saline, but that's because the salt clogs the aerosol head. From what I've heard from others, it does shorten TOBI time by a lot.

Emily65Roses

I don't do TOBI, but yes, eFlow drastically shortens neb time. All my nebs used to take 15-20 minutes. Pulmozyme now takes about 5. Colistin takes maybe 7 or 8. The only one that's still long is the hypertonic saline, but that's because the salt clogs the aerosol head. From what I've heard from others, it does shorten TOBI time by a lot.

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

ktsmom

proverbs3 - in my humble opinion TOBI shouldn't be taking you that long; it takes us about 22 minutes, which is slightly less than what you said but I know what you mean about the mornings. 8 minutes is a lifetime when you are trying to get two girls out the door for school! Oh, and Albuterol takes us about 6 minutes.

I wonder if your compressor and/or nebs need looking at? Perhaps the compressor is going out or needs a new filter, etc. and maybe your nebs need to be replaced, or cleaned like crazy? I'm sure you are doing everything you possibly can so I hope I don't sound like I am questioning your ability. I don't know the brand of the compressor we are using, but we do use the PARI LC Plus nebulizers for everything.

Emily - I've been looking into the e-flow as well. Do you use it for multiple meds at one sitting, and do you clean the head between meds, and if so, how (i.e. rinse with distilled water or soak in alcohol, etc.). The reason I ask is because as it is now, lets say we are doing 4 total treatments in one sitting for Katy. I just have the nebs lined up and swap them out, and she doesn't have a chance to wiggle away! If I had to say, "okay, sit there for a minute while mommy cleans out the e-flow and loads the next med" I don't think I would gain any time overall because she would definitely bolt. Does that make sense? Thanks!

ktsmom

proverbs3 - in my humble opinion TOBI shouldn't be taking you that long; it takes us about 22 minutes, which is slightly less than what you said but I know what you mean about the mornings. 8 minutes is a lifetime when you are trying to get two girls out the door for school! Oh, and Albuterol takes us about 6 minutes.

I wonder if your compressor and/or nebs need looking at? Perhaps the compressor is going out or needs a new filter, etc. and maybe your nebs need to be replaced, or cleaned like crazy? I'm sure you are doing everything you possibly can so I hope I don't sound like I am questioning your ability. I don't know the brand of the compressor we are using, but we do use the PARI LC Plus nebulizers for everything.

Emily - I've been looking into the e-flow as well. Do you use it for multiple meds at one sitting, and do you clean the head between meds, and if so, how (i.e. rinse with distilled water or soak in alcohol, etc.). The reason I ask is because as it is now, lets say we are doing 4 total treatments in one sitting for Katy. I just have the nebs lined up and swap them out, and she doesn't have a chance to wiggle away! If I had to say, "okay, sit there for a minute while mommy cleans out the e-flow and loads the next med" I don't think I would gain any time overall because she would definitely bolt. Does that make sense? Thanks!

ktsmom

ktsmom

ktsmom

Emily65Roses

It does make sense, but I don't know what to tell you. As long as you only have one aerosol head, yes, you clean them between uses. I wash the plastic parts in hot water with non-anti-bacterial soap. I clean the head with distilled water, and then dip it in alcohol, then let it air dry.

As for me personally... I only do 2 nebs at a time (1 in the morning, 2 at night). So when I got a new aerosol head, I saved the old one. Now I have 2, so I don't have to swap them between uses at night.

Emily65Roses

It does make sense, but I don't know what to tell you. As long as you only have one aerosol head, yes, you clean them between uses. I wash the plastic parts in hot water with non-anti-bacterial soap. I clean the head with distilled water, and then dip it in alcohol, then let it air dry.

As for me personally... I only do 2 nebs at a time (1 in the morning, 2 at night). So when I got a new aerosol head, I saved the old one. Now I have 2, so I don't have to swap them between uses at night.

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses

Emily65Roses