early onset arthritis

Jeana

Are CFers prone to early onset arthritis? I keep having aching finger joints and I am just wondering.

Jeana

Are CFers prone to early onset arthritis? I keep having aching finger joints and I am just wondering.

Jeana

peter

Hi Jeana, I just looked @ Goggle. Lots of references all confirming cf related arthritis. Can you check them out?
Peter

peter

Hi Jeana, I just looked @ Goggle. Lots of references all confirming cf related arthritis. Can you check them out?
Peter

peter

<br />Peter

Dea

Hi Jeana,
I am 37 w/CF. I have had joint problems/CF related arthritis since I was 9! It would come and go through the years...but as I am getting older...it has become much worse. I started seeing a rheumatologist about 2 yrs ago...and have now been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. There is such little known about the correlation between CF and arthritis...but I believe as more and more CFers become older...a link will be found. I have taken many different medications and honestly, now only prednisone is working. But when I first started having problems with it...ibuprofen helped. Then I started taking celebrex...and it worked for quite some time. I have since taken another med called plaquenil which is for arthritis and that didnt help. Once diagnosed with rheumatoid...I started taking methotrexate...and now even another med. Not having much luck with it helping, unfortunately. I believe there are many of us out there suffering from this...but just not enough research in the area! I wish you the best of luck!
Dea

Dea

Hi Jeana,
I am 37 w/CF. I have had joint problems/CF related arthritis since I was 9! It would come and go through the years...but as I am getting older...it has become much worse. I started seeing a rheumatologist about 2 yrs ago...and have now been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. There is such little known about the correlation between CF and arthritis...but I believe as more and more CFers become older...a link will be found. I have taken many different medications and honestly, now only prednisone is working. But when I first started having problems with it...ibuprofen helped. Then I started taking celebrex...and it worked for quite some time. I have since taken another med called plaquenil which is for arthritis and that didnt help. Once diagnosed with rheumatoid...I started taking methotrexate...and now even another med. Not having much luck with it helping, unfortunately. I believe there are many of us out there suffering from this...but just not enough research in the area! I wish you the best of luck!
Dea

Dea

Hi Jeana,
<br />I am 37 w/CF. I have had joint problems/CF related arthritis since I was 9! It would come and go through the years...but as I am getting older...it has become much worse. I started seeing a rheumatologist about 2 yrs ago...and have now been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. There is such little known about the correlation between CF and arthritis...but I believe as more and more CFers become older...a link will be found. I have taken many different medications and honestly, now only prednisone is working. But when I first started having problems with it...ibuprofen helped. Then I started taking celebrex...and it worked for quite some time. I have since taken another med called plaquenil which is for arthritis and that didnt help. Once diagnosed with rheumatoid...I started taking methotrexate...and now even another med. Not having much luck with it helping, unfortunately. I believe there are many of us out there suffering from this...but just not enough research in the area! I wish you the best of luck!
<br />Dea

debs2girls

My daughter just turned 10 and been taking medicine for arthritis since she was barely 8. She had symptoms before that but it took a while to diagnose her.

debs2girls

My daughter just turned 10 and been taking medicine for arthritis since she was barely 8. She had symptoms before that but it took a while to diagnose her.

debs2girls

mamerth

I am plagued with daily arthritis. Some days I can barely move-- joints are stiff and swollen. I do moist heating... heating pad. Tylenol helps take the edge off enough on bad days so that I can get good sleep. I have been tempted to see a rheumatologist. I know for a fact that I have osteoarthritis in my hip joints and feet (Dr told me when I was 15 years old). My wrists swell and my finger joints swell off and on. My ankle joints freeze up on me on occasional as well-- makes the stairs in my home lots of fun.

I don't like prednisone so I don't use it to treat my arthritis. I just stick to the moist heat, some massage and warm showers. Now if I could just get used to the cracking sound that my joints make while moving around. Guess I am an old lady. :)

mamerth

I am plagued with daily arthritis. Some days I can barely move-- joints are stiff and swollen. I do moist heating... heating pad. Tylenol helps take the edge off enough on bad days so that I can get good sleep. I have been tempted to see a rheumatologist. I know for a fact that I have osteoarthritis in my hip joints and feet (Dr told me when I was 15 years old). My wrists swell and my finger joints swell off and on. My ankle joints freeze up on me on occasional as well-- makes the stairs in my home lots of fun.

I don't like prednisone so I don't use it to treat my arthritis. I just stick to the moist heat, some massage and warm showers. Now if I could just get used to the cracking sound that my joints make while moving around. Guess I am an old lady. :)

mamerth

<br />
<br />I don't like prednisone so I don't use it to treat my arthritis. I just stick to the moist heat, some massage and warm showers. Now if I could just get used to the cracking sound that my joints make while moving around. Guess I am an old lady. :)

Beowulf

If you take Levaquin then you WILL have joint and tendon pain which strongly resembles arthritis.

I have sworn off Levaquin permanently.

Beowulf

If you take Levaquin then you WILL have joint and tendon pain which strongly resembles arthritis.

I have sworn off Levaquin permanently.

Beowulf

<br />
<br />I have sworn off Levaquin permanently.

Jeana

Thanks for the replies. I am going to talk to my doctor about this and do some online research. I really appreciated hearing what worked and what didn't. Good to have a heads up on what to try first.

Jeana

Thanks for the replies. I am going to talk to my doctor about this and do some online research. I really appreciated hearing what worked and what didn't. Good to have a heads up on what to try first.