Eating in the summer time.

Mammahuff

Do your childrens eating habits tend to change in the summer?

This summer I have noticed that Austin really isn't eating as much as I think he should during the summer. Especially when playing with his friends. Food comes second during that time.

He has lost a little weight not a whole lot but every little bit counts. I know some of it also could be that he has been very active.

At clinic the doc mentioned that we dont want to see weight loss due to the fact that if he gets sick it can become harder on them. So he is suggesting that he continue one can of boost a day. And that he start back on his multi vitamin.

Mammahuff

This summer I have noticed that Austin really isn't eating as much as I think he should during the summer. Especially when playing with his friends. Food comes second during that time.

He has lost a little weight not a whole lot but every little bit counts. I know some of it also could be that he has been very active.

At clinic the doc mentioned that we dont want to see weight loss due to the fact that if he gets sick it can become harder on them. So he is suggesting that he continue one can of boost a day. And that he start back on his multi vitamin.

Mammahuff

<br />
<br />This summer I have noticed that Austin really isn't eating as much as I think he should during the summer. Especially when playing with his friends. Food comes second during that time.
<br />
<br />He has lost a little weight not a whole lot but every little bit counts. I know some of it also could be that he has been very active.
<br />
<br />At clinic the doc mentioned that we dont want to see weight loss due to the fact that if he gets sick it can become harder on them. So he is suggesting that he continue one can of boost a day. And that he start back on his multi vitamin.

when i was little and even now i eat less during the summer. its too hot to eat sometimes in my opinion and i crave food less. i dont know why it is but i would rather drink something. i would maybe try some high calorie drinks like smoothies and shakes for your son since they are cold and drinkable, that way he doesnt have to sit down and eat? hot food is definately a touchy subject for me when its summer as well because i want something that is not going to make me hotter.

when i was little and even now i eat less during the summer. its too hot to eat sometimes in my opinion and i crave food less. i dont know why it is but i would rather drink something. i would maybe try some high calorie drinks like smoothies and shakes for your son since they are cold and drinkable, that way he doesnt have to sit down and eat? hot food is definately a touchy subject for me when its summer as well because i want something that is not going to make me hotter.

mag6125

I know in the summer I eat less because I don't have a normal schedule and sleep in late, etc. Milkshakes are always good in summer, you can add peanut butter for extra calories and protein.

mag6125

I know in the summer I eat less because I don't have a normal schedule and sleep in late, etc. Milkshakes are always good in summer, you can add peanut butter for extra calories and protein.

mag6125

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS tends to not be as hungry, but I think part of it, is that he's just much busier playing outside and doesn't want to take the time to eat. I make snacks even MORE available than usual. Even for very short car rides -- When I pick him up at daycare, I usually have some juice and some sort of snack along for the 5 minute ride home.

I've found too if I push the saltier snacks or have a salt shaker & plenty of water around, he tends to do better.

DS also tends to like more tart things. He recently grabbed one of those plastic lemons out of the fridge and was drinking lemon juice from it. I just put a recipe on this site for cool-aid pie, which I just discovered and he LOVES and I think one piece is about 350 calories.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS tends to not be as hungry, but I think part of it, is that he's just much busier playing outside and doesn't want to take the time to eat. I make snacks even MORE available than usual. Even for very short car rides -- When I pick him up at daycare, I usually have some juice and some sort of snack along for the 5 minute ride home.

I've found too if I push the saltier snacks or have a salt shaker & plenty of water around, he tends to do better.

DS also tends to like more tart things. He recently grabbed one of those plastic lemons out of the fridge and was drinking lemon juice from it. I just put a recipe on this site for cool-aid pie, which I just discovered and he LOVES and I think one piece is about 350 calories.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />I've found too if I push the saltier snacks or have a salt shaker & plenty of water around, he tends to do better.
<br />
<br />DS also tends to like more tart things. He recently grabbed one of those plastic lemons out of the fridge and was drinking lemon juice from it. I just put a recipe on this site for cool-aid pie, which I just discovered and he LOVES and I think one piece is about 350 calories.