effect of weather on CF

L

lhkraus

Is there any evidence that living in bad (cold/rain/snow) weather can aggravate CF? We live in Southern California, so my daughter with CF has never had to deal with extreme weather. Now, she is getting ready to apply to college and we're wondering whether there is any health reason for her to stay close to home. Thanks

L

lhkraus

Is there any evidence that living in bad (cold/rain/snow) weather can aggravate CF? We live in Southern California, so my daughter with CF has never had to deal with extreme weather. Now, she is getting ready to apply to college and we're wondering whether there is any health reason for her to stay close to home. Thanks

L

lhkraus

L

lhkraus

L

lhkraus

W

welshwitch

i'm not sure, though everyone's different!

note: i went to college in the Pacific Northwest...i totally recommend it for CF-ers...the constant rain was heavenly for someone with breathing issues.

i also hear that living by a coast is great for CFers (ie UCSB, UCSC) because the salt air and salt water acts as a natural treatment.

good luck to your daughter, wherever she ends up!!!!

W

welshwitch

note: i went to college in the Pacific Northwest...i totally recommend it for CF-ers...the constant rain was heavenly for someone with breathing issues.

i also hear that living by a coast is great for CFers (ie UCSB, UCSC) because the salt air and salt water acts as a natural treatment.

W

welshwitch

W

welshwitch

W

welshwitch

<br />
<br />note: i went to college in the Pacific Northwest...i totally recommend it for CF-ers...the constant rain was heavenly for someone with breathing issues.
<br />
<br />i also hear that living by a coast is great for CFers (ie UCSB, UCSC) because the salt air and salt water acts as a natural treatment.
<br />
<br />good luck to your daughter, wherever she ends up!!!!

juliepie

Cold air bothers me a lot, especially because I also have an asthma component to my disease. I just wrap a big scarf around my face and try not to be outside for long. Personally, humid weather also bothers me, but if you dig around the forums a bit you will find that some people do better in that type of weather. I live in RI, so we have cold winters and humid summers. I am lucky to live right near the ocean, so the air is much saltier, especially when we have a wind off of the water. That helps me bring lots of junk up!

juliepie

Cold air bothers me a lot, especially because I also have an asthma component to my disease. I just wrap a big scarf around my face and try not to be outside for long. Personally, humid weather also bothers me, but if you dig around the forums a bit you will find that some people do better in that type of weather. I live in RI, so we have cold winters and humid summers. I am lucky to live right near the ocean, so the air is much saltier, especially when we have a wind off of the water. That helps me bring lots of junk up!

juliepie

juliepie

juliepie