effect of weather on CF

Momtana

For my whole life I always had problems during the change of seasons in fall and spring - bronchitis, pneumonia, antibiotics. We lived in the northeast, mostly, with two years in Oregon before moving to the northern Rockies. I would feel better when we were on vacation, by the ocean, and worse back in the mountains. A number of people poo-poo-ed my observations ...... now, with my CF diagnosis it all make sense. Is it the altitude or that I am older? hmmmm
I'm with Andee - may I have a prescription for a house on the coast? lol

Momtana

For my whole life I always had problems during the change of seasons in fall and spring - bronchitis, pneumonia, antibiotics. We lived in the northeast, mostly, with two years in Oregon before moving to the northern Rockies. I would feel better when we were on vacation, by the ocean, and worse back in the mountains. A number of people poo-poo-ed my observations ...... now, with my CF diagnosis it all make sense. Is it the altitude or that I am older? hmmmm

Momtana

Momtana

Momtana

<br />I'm with Andee - may I have a prescription for a house on the coast? lol

minimedic304

I used to have problems with my cf every spring and fall when i lived in buffalo. now i live in orlando, i have lived here to three years and have yet to be admitted into the hospital, where in buffalo i was admitted every four months out of the year. the constant warm weather, deffinetly has helped.

minimedic304

I used to have problems with my cf every spring and fall when i lived in buffalo. now i live in orlando, i have lived here to three years and have yet to be admitted into the hospital, where in buffalo i was admitted every four months out of the year. the constant warm weather, deffinetly has helped.

minimedic304

minimedic304

minimedic304

coltsfan715

I think alot of it depends on what the person is used too. For years I had people tell me that if I could just live in a dry climate I would feel better.

I have grown up in North Florida and we have VERY humid weather and warm weather at that. I have never had the issues that many people have with the warmth and the humidity feeling like they can't breathe. Rather to the contrary - I have family in Tennessee and it gets cool and dry there during the winter and whenever I visit in the wonter months (before I had my transplant) I would wheeze, have trouble breathing, cough more and just feel ick.

Also another thing that I will add - I was born in Maryland and my parents lived in Virginia at the time. They moved to Florida after my diagnosis at 1 year because they noticed that the 2 winters that we had spent in that climate I ended up getting very sick. The cold wet weather for was not a good thing at least pre trasnplant. I honestly can't say now post transplant.

I don't think that it should be something that would limit your daughters choice to what schools she wants to apply or go to unless she does not feel comfortable with taking the chance. It is really hit or miss I think each person is so very different it is hard to say what her reaction to the weather change might be.

Either way I would say that wherever she applies I would look more for the closeness of a CF Center rather than the weather conditions and climate changes throughout the year.

Take Care and Good Luck,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

I think alot of it depends on what the person is used too. For years I had people tell me that if I could just live in a dry climate I would feel better.

I have grown up in North Florida and we have VERY humid weather and warm weather at that. I have never had the issues that many people have with the warmth and the humidity feeling like they can't breathe. Rather to the contrary - I have family in Tennessee and it gets cool and dry there during the winter and whenever I visit in the wonter months (before I had my transplant) I would wheeze, have trouble breathing, cough more and just feel ick.

Also another thing that I will add - I was born in Maryland and my parents lived in Virginia at the time. They moved to Florida after my diagnosis at 1 year because they noticed that the 2 winters that we had spent in that climate I ended up getting very sick. The cold wet weather for was not a good thing at least pre trasnplant. I honestly can't say now post transplant.

I don't think that it should be something that would limit your daughters choice to what schools she wants to apply or go to unless she does not feel comfortable with taking the chance. It is really hit or miss I think each person is so very different it is hard to say what her reaction to the weather change might be.

Either way I would say that wherever she applies I would look more for the closeness of a CF Center rather than the weather conditions and climate changes throughout the year.

Take Care and Good Luck,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Take Care and Good Luck,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Take Care and Good Luck,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

<br />
<br />I have grown up in North Florida and we have VERY humid weather and warm weather at that. I have never had the issues that many people have with the warmth and the humidity feeling like they can't breathe. Rather to the contrary - I have family in Tennessee and it gets cool and dry there during the winter and whenever I visit in the wonter months (before I had my transplant) I would wheeze, have trouble breathing, cough more and just feel ick.
<br />
<br />Also another thing that I will add - I was born in Maryland and my parents lived in Virginia at the time. They moved to Florida after my diagnosis at 1 year because they noticed that the 2 winters that we had spent in that climate I ended up getting very sick. The cold wet weather for was not a good thing at least pre trasnplant. I honestly can't say now post transplant.
<br />
<br />I don't think that it should be something that would limit your daughters choice to what schools she wants to apply or go to unless she does not feel comfortable with taking the chance. It is really hit or miss I think each person is so very different it is hard to say what her reaction to the weather change might be.
<br />
<br />Either way I would say that wherever she applies I would look more for the closeness of a CF Center rather than the weather conditions and climate changes throughout the year.
<br />
<br />Take Care and Good Luck,
<br />Lindsey

ERINSBIZ

I live in Southern Cal and the dry weather is great for my lungs. When the clouds roll in with moisture; boom I get to coughing much more.

ERINSBIZ

I live in Southern Cal and the dry weather is great for my lungs. When the clouds roll in with moisture; boom I get to coughing much more.

ERINSBIZ

ERINSBIZ

ERINSBIZ