Electromed Smart Vest cost?

SaltyAndSweet

Thanks Tara, I know I have a lifetime max of $10k with my insurance policy. They only cover 80% DME after a $1000 co-pay. I am pretty sure I will hit the limit quickly if I get a pump, CGMS and a new vest (IF I can get them to cover ANY of it)... and I am renting oxygen right now too. My case manager at the insurance told me yesterday that they almost NEVER EVER cover respiratory therapy vests. What they suggest otherwise for treatment, I have no clue (probably nothing as their history presents it's self).
Just trying to prepare for the financial impact this may have!
~aspen.

SaltyAndSweet

Thanks Tara, I know I have a lifetime max of $10k with my insurance policy. They only cover 80% DME after a $1000 co-pay. I am pretty sure I will hit the limit quickly if I get a pump, CGMS and a new vest (IF I can get them to cover ANY of it)... and I am renting oxygen right now too. My case manager at the insurance told me yesterday that they almost NEVER EVER cover respiratory therapy vests. What they suggest otherwise for treatment, I have no clue (probably nothing as their history presents it's self).
~aspen.

SaltyAndSweet

~aspen.

SaltyAndSweet

~aspen.

SaltyAndSweet

<br />Just trying to prepare for the financial impact this may have!
<br />~aspen.
<br />

Kendra

My husband has a smart vest and insurance only covered a portion of it. I talked to someone at smart vest and they told me to send in a letter explaining my lack of resources (medical bills and we just adopted) I then received a letter saying that they (smartvest) would cover the remaining balance. we never paid a dime.

However, I have a question. the smartvest doesn't seem to shack my husband as much- kinda wonder if it works as well as other vest or if that is just they way they are.

Kendra

My husband has a smart vest and insurance only covered a portion of it. I talked to someone at smart vest and they told me to send in a letter explaining my lack of resources (medical bills and we just adopted) I then received a letter saying that they (smartvest) would cover the remaining balance. we never paid a dime.

However, I have a question. the smartvest doesn't seem to shack my husband as much- kinda wonder if it works as well as other vest or if that is just they way they are.

Kendra

<br />
<br />However, I have a question. the smartvest doesn't seem to shack my husband as much- kinda wonder if it works as well as other vest or if that is just they way they are.