Elevated Liver Enzymes

julie

Elevated liver enzymes are so common in CFers. DH has elevated liver enzymes on numerous occasions throughout the year, gets them tested every few months just to watch and keep an eye on it.

JazzysMom

I have had elevated levels before. Usually during a flare up causing antibiotics. NO need to worry just yet. They will just keep an eye on it as this point I am sure.

JazzysMom

I have had elevated levels before. Usually during a flare up causing antibiotics. NO need to worry just yet. They will just keep an eye on it as this point I am sure.

JazzysMom

karon72

Thanks everyone! We learn about each issue as it arises, but for some reason did not think this would be an issue for awhile. She goes in a few months & will retest then. This was her first time to have elevated levels, so hopefully it was due to the antibiotics and not something more serious. Thanks for you replies & don't worry Dana...we are learning together!

Happy New Year to ALL!!

karon72

Thanks everyone! We learn about each issue as it arises, but for some reason did not think this would be an issue for awhile. She goes in a few months & will retest then. This was her first time to have elevated levels, so hopefully it was due to the antibiotics and not something more serious. Thanks for you replies & don't worry Dana...we are learning together!

Happy New Year to ALL!!

karon72

Happy New Year to ALL!!

dasjsmum

Hi everyone

One thing about the liver is that it is able to repair itself. A helpful and proven complementary therapy for liver function and is the use of milkthistle, you can buy it any health food shop, and is used by people to support their liver with conditions such as hepatitis C.
jo

dasjsmum

Hi everyone

One thing about the liver is that it is able to repair itself. A helpful and proven complementary therapy for liver function and is the use of milkthistle, you can buy it any health food shop, and is used by people to support their liver with conditions such as hepatitis C.
jo

dasjsmum

Hi everyone

jo

rose4cale

Has anyone tried the milkthistle over a period of time in children? Just wondering as Cale has been on Ursidiol for 2 year now. I have heard about milkthistle just didn't know how it was with kids.

rose4cale

Has anyone tried the milkthistle over a period of time in children? Just wondering as Cale has been on Ursidiol for 2 year now. I have heard about milkthistle just didn't know how it was with kids.

rose4cale

BlueTurtle

milk thistle protects the liver...look into "taurine" to use in conjunction with actigall.
Taurine is helpful for fatty liver, high blood cholesterol and gall bladder problems, alcohol withdrawal, hepatitis and jaundice. Taurine is a sulphur bearing amino acid that is present in all good liver tonics for very good reasons. It is required for the healthy production of bile, and the liver uses it to conjugate toxins and drugs to excrete through the bile. It helps the liver to excrete excessive cholesterol out of the body through the bile, and thus is an aid to weight control and cardiovascular health.

BlueTurtle

milk thistle protects the liver...look into "taurine" to use in conjunction with actigall.
Taurine is helpful for fatty liver, high blood cholesterol and gall bladder problems, alcohol withdrawal, hepatitis and jaundice. Taurine is a sulphur bearing amino acid that is present in all good liver tonics for very good reasons. It is required for the healthy production of bile, and the liver uses it to conjugate toxins and drugs to excrete through the bile. It helps the liver to excrete excessive cholesterol out of the body through the bile, and thus is an aid to weight control and cardiovascular health.

BlueTurtle

dasjsmum

I've used milkthistle with Sam, the best way to use any type of supplement (so they say!), is to use for say a month (or two), and have a break for a few weeks. I havent had his alt levels checked afterward, but know that it does work to support and rejuvenate the liver. I would usually use it after a course of antis for a couple of months. I used the adult strength dose, just because pwcf are always put on double the usual dose for a 'normal' person their weight/age etc., so I figured the higher dose has greater chance of absorbtion.