embolizations

L

lizlas

<P>Hi</P>
<P>For the people who have had embolizations....do you have any long term discomfort from the procedure...is there tightness in that area</P>
<P>and did your FEV go down? my dr. said no it wont  but another dr. at my clinic said yes it does go down a bit depending on how many vessels were done because the blood supply is cut off to that area of lung so that area "dies" </P>
<P><STRONG><EM>I guess with excercise you could bring the FEV back up ...rite Jonathan??lol</EM></STRONG></P>
<P> </P>
<P>My dr. wanted me to have it done last year but its be resolved with lots of Iv antibiotics...so hope antibiotics can keep it at bay for a long time.....</P>
<P>thanks </P>
<P>Liz</P>
<P> </P>
<P> </P>
<P> </P>

L

lizlas

<P>Hi</P>
<P>For the people who have had embolizations....do you have any long termdiscomfort from the procedure...is there tightness in that area</P>
<P>and did your FEV go down? my dr. said no it wont but another dr. at my clinic said yes it does go down a bit depending on how many vessels were donebecause the blood supply is cut off to that area of lung sothat area"dies" </P>
<P><STRONG><EM>I guess with excercise you could bring the FEV back up ...rite Jonathan??lol</EM></STRONG></P>
<P></P>
<P>My dr. wanted me to have it done last year but its be resolved with lots of Iv antibiotics...so hope antibiotics can keep it at bay for a long time.....</P>
<P>thanks </P>
<P>Liz</P>
<P></P>
<P></P>
<P></P>

L

lizlas

<P><BR>Hi</P>
<P>For the people who have had embolizations....do you have any long termdiscomfort from the procedure...is there tightness in that area</P>
<P>and did your FEV go down? my dr. said no it wont but another dr. at my clinic said yes it does go down a bit depending on how many vessels were donebecause the blood supply is cut off to that area of lung sothat area"dies" </P>
<P></P>
<P>thanks </P>
<P>Liz</P>
<P></P>
<P></P>
<P></P>

C

caza

Hi I have often wondered about this - i have had some bleeds now and then.  Can anyone on here answer this question or is it simply a case of dont really know either way.  I suppose though that if you really need this done there is not much option but it would be nice to know anyway.<br>

C

caza

Hi I have often wondered about this - i have had some bleeds now and then. Can anyone on here answer this question or is it simply a case of dont really know either way. I suppose though that if you really need this done there is not much option but it would be nice to know anyway.<br>

C

caza

Hi I have often wondered about this - i have had some bleeds now and then. Can anyone on here answer this question or is it simply a case of dont really know either way. I suppose though that if you really need this done there is not much option but it would be nice to know anyway.<br>

M

moxie1

I had three emoblizations.  I don't recall having any pain from them and my FEV didn't go down either.

M

moxie1

I had three emoblizations. I don't recall having any pain from them and my FEV didn't go down either.

M

moxie1

I had three emoblizations. I don't recall having any pain from them and my FEV didn't go down either.<BR>

DBC

My embolizations did not change my FEV1 and the only time I had pain was with the last one where they embolized the entire vessel.<br>

DBC

My embolizations did not change my FEV1 and the only time I had pain was with the last one where they embolized the entire vessel.<br>

DBC

nmw0615

I've had two emoblizations and only had a little bit of pain where they entered through my leg. A tylenol took care of it and I felt no lingering pain. My PFTs weren't affected at all and I didn't feel any tightness in my lungs.

nmw0615

I've had two emoblizations and only had a little bit of pain where they entered through my leg. A tylenol took care of it and I felt no lingering pain. My PFTs weren't affected at all and I didn't feel any tightness in my lungs.

nmw0615

LouLou

I had an embolization and had some pain for 1 week. It was cerrtainly not so much pain I would hesitate to do it again. It did not make coughing difficulty which is always my fear with pain. It was more like someone described above as a tightness in the area or soreness more likely from being poked. My lung function did not go down but I have heard to expect your O2 sat's to drop 1-2% points. I dropped 2-3 immediately and 3 years later I am back to baseline or one point down. My hemopytsis has stopped and I have maintained my lung function.

LouLou

I had an embolization and had some pain for 1 week. It was cerrtainly not so much pain I would hesitate to do it again. It did not make coughing difficulty which is always my fear with pain. It was more like someone described above as a tightness in the area or soreness more likely from being poked. My lung function did not go down but I have heard to expect your O2 sat's to drop 1-2% points. I dropped 2-3 immediately and 3 years later I am back to baseline or one point down. My hemopytsis has stopped and I have maintained my lung function.

LouLou

AnnB

Hi, I had one when I was 18 (I'm 25 now) and it was fine, nothing hurt and I had no chest pain at all afterwards. Was discharged relatively quickly (less than a week) when my PFTs remained decent and there was no streaking. <br>

AnnB

Hi, I had one when I was 18 (I'm 25 now) and it was fine, nothing hurt and I had no chest pain at all afterwards. Was discharged relatively quickly (less than a week) when my PFTs remained decent and there was no streaking. <br>