Endoscopic Sinus Surgey

sidekickj

Wow...none of my docs warned me that recovery would be like this. Thank you guys sooo much for your input. I feel better already just hearing the stories. I did not have antibiotics post surgery, so I'll look into that. Thanks again.

sidekickj

Wow...none of my docs warned me that recovery would be like this. Thank you guys sooo much for your input. I feel better already just hearing the stories. I did not have antibiotics post surgery, so I'll look into that. Thanks again.

sidekickj

sidekickj

sidekickj

tesorotiffa

Wow, I had no idea that sinus surgery recoveries could be so rough. I have had 3 surgeries, and I was home within 3 days and completely pain free. After the last surgery though, the skin around one of my eyes was slightly darker .. .but that's about it. I hate to hear what you guys have experiences. I'm so sorry!!

Sidekickj --- I hope you start to have a much better recovery and start feeling well!

tesorotiffa

Wow, I had no idea that sinus surgery recoveries could be so rough. I have had 3 surgeries, and I was home within 3 days and completely pain free. After the last surgery though, the skin around one of my eyes was slightly darker .. .but that's about it. I hate to hear what you guys have experiences. I'm so sorry!!

Sidekickj --- I hope you start to have a much better recovery and start feeling well!

tesorotiffa

tesorotiffa

tesorotiffa

<br />
<br />Sidekickj --- I hope you start to have a much better recovery and start feeling well!

CFkitty

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>tesorotiffa</b></i>

Sidekickj --- I hope you start to have a much better recovery and start feeling well!</end quote></div>

What procedures were done to you three times? My surgery entailed fixing a deviated septum, opening all the chambers in the nose into one large chamber on each side, taking out infection, and removing polyps.

The restructuring of the sinus passages is something that usually only needs one procedure (unless scar tissue malforms the airways) and fixing the deviated septum also rarely requires a second surgery. Those was the biggest part to recover from, because they broke bone, shaved bone, cut tissue, etc.

When people say they've had 3, 9 or more surgeries, what does that mean? I know that polyps and infection can recur; is what you are getting a "scraping"?

I'm thinking that peoples' ideas of "sinus surgery" is different, based on the actual work done.

CFkitty

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>tesorotiffa</b></i>

Sidekickj --- I hope you start to have a much better recovery and start feeling well!</end quote></div>

What procedures were done to you three times? My surgery entailed fixing a deviated septum, opening all the chambers in the nose into one large chamber on each side, taking out infection, and removing polyps.

The restructuring of the sinus passages is something that usually only needs one procedure (unless scar tissue malforms the airways) and fixing the deviated septum also rarely requires a second surgery. Those was the biggest part to recover from, because they broke bone, shaved bone, cut tissue, etc.

When people say they've had 3, 9 or more surgeries, what does that mean? I know that polyps and infection can recur; is what you are getting a "scraping"?

I'm thinking that peoples' ideas of "sinus surgery" is different, based on the actual work done.

CFkitty

CFkitty

Sidekickj --- I hope you start to have a much better recovery and start feeling well!</end quote>

CFkitty

<br />
<br />Wow, I had no idea that sinus surgery recoveries could be so rough. I have had 3 surgeries, and I was home within 3 days and completely pain free. After the last surgery though, the skin around one of my eyes was slightly darker .. .but that's about it. I hate to hear what you guys have experiences. I'm so sorry!!
<br />
<br />Sidekickj --- I hope you start to have a much better recovery and start feeling well!</end quote>
<br />
<br />What procedures were done to you three times? My surgery entailed fixing a deviated septum, opening all the chambers in the nose into one large chamber on each side, taking out infection, and removing polyps.
<br />
<br />The restructuring of the sinus passages is something that usually only needs one procedure (unless scar tissue malforms the airways) and fixing the deviated septum also rarely requires a second surgery. Those was the biggest part to recover from, because they broke bone, shaved bone, cut tissue, etc.
<br />
<br />When people say they've had 3, 9 or more surgeries, what does that mean? I know that polyps and infection can recur; is what you are getting a "scraping"?
<br />
<br />I'm thinking that peoples' ideas of "sinus surgery" is different, based on the actual work done.

sidekickj

CFkitty-
I know what you mean by people having different definitions for what "sinus surgery" actually is. My initial understnading was that it's a piece a cake...one day ordeal...and my docs let me believe that. ALL of my sinuses were full of infection, mucus...I believe my ENT even used the word "puss". YUCK, RIGHT. So as far as I know...all they had to do was clean everything out...I didn't even have packing! Doc used some sort of clear seals to keep clean and keep from bleeding...and I still woke up feeling like I couldn't breathe. Doesn't make sense to me. And I did have a nose bleed the first night I coughed after surgery. Also, I too have a deviated septum but he didn't feel the need to fix it. Weird huh.
24/F/CF

sidekickj

CFkitty-
I know what you mean by people having different definitions for what "sinus surgery" actually is. My initial understnading was that it's a piece a cake...one day ordeal...and my docs let me believe that. ALL of my sinuses were full of infection, mucus...I believe my ENT even used the word "puss". YUCK, RIGHT. So as far as I know...all they had to do was clean everything out...I didn't even have packing! Doc used some sort of clear seals to keep clean and keep from bleeding...and I still woke up feeling like I couldn't breathe. Doesn't make sense to me. And I did have a nose bleed the first night I coughed after surgery. Also, I too have a deviated septum but he didn't feel the need to fix it. Weird huh.
24/F/CF

sidekickj

CFkitty-
24/F/CF

sidekickj

CFkitty-
24/F/CF

sidekickj

CFkitty-
<br />I know what you mean by people having different definitions for what "sinus surgery" actually is. My initial understnading was that it's a piece a cake...one day ordeal...and my docs let me believe that. ALL of my sinuses were full of infection, mucus...I believe my ENT even used the word "puss". YUCK, RIGHT. So as far as I know...all they had to do was clean everything out...I didn't even have packing! Doc used some sort of clear seals to keep clean and keep from bleeding...and I still woke up feeling like I couldn't breathe. Doesn't make sense to me. And I did have a nose bleed the first night I coughed after surgery. Also, I too have a deviated septum but he didn't feel the need to fix it. Weird huh.
<br />24/F/CF