Energy

serendipity730

I think that this has been discussed here before, but sometimes I just feel like I have no energy. I'm not in really bad health, though (PFT's around 70.) Has anyone ever tried any of those adreline drinks? That has always seemed like a bad idea to me, but I'm kinda at the point where I feel desperate. Anyway, anyone else have any tricks for helping to stay awake when you are really tired?

timmy

seems like you need to get metabolism jumpstarted. Yes those drinks or strong dosage of caffine will not hurt if u can handle it. although make sure u don't have dibetis things like that

anonymous

Hi Mary,
I definitely go through times where I have very low energy as well. I have had them as long as I can remember, even when I was younger and my pfts were better than they are now (fev1~50) I used to fight it, but now am sort of resigned to just respecting my body and trying to get more rest if possible when I feel like that. It does pass eventually. Sometimes it is tied to when I am having an exacerbation and other times it seems unrelated. I have never figured out a definite pattern! Sorry I don't have any good advice, but you are certainly not alone! I haven't used the high caffeine/adrenaline drinks, I figure my body is sending me a message, and if it is tired, it needs to rest, so I try not to resort to artificial means. Hope this helps.

Kim
40 w/cf

timmy

if your stomach can tolerate the coffee in the morning, u sort of use it as a tool to get the blood flowing, and then your body can sort of take over and metabolize calories faster