enlarged spleen ?

CFGurl16

Hello Rosie.
I am Sammi and im 16. and yes i do have an enlarged spleen.
Im sorry that you have to go through it. It really stinks i know.
I don't know how much mine is enlarged but i know it is. But it dosen't really bother me anymore i have had it for awhile now im used to getting bad news from the Docs. And i know that i have a few different pills for my spleen. And that sucks too but life goes on.
I never had a problem with not being able to do sports though. I was always in P.E even when i was sick and couldn't really do anything i was still in it and it sucked i hated P.E it made things worse for me so i can't really relate with the whole wanting to do P.E. Sorry about that but i know other things i can't do because of this stupid C.F. Well hope your doing ok now.

CFGurl16

Hello Rosie.
I don't know how much mine is enlarged but i know it is. But it dosen't really bother me anymore i have had it for awhile now im used to getting bad news from the Docs. And i know that i have a few different pills for my spleen. And that sucks too but life goes on.
I never had a problem with not being able to do sports though. I was always in P.E even when i was sick and couldn't really do anything i was still in it and it sucked i hated P.E it made things worse for me so i can't really relate with the whole wanting to do P.E. Sorry about that but i know other things i can't do because of this stupid C.F. Well hope your doing ok now.

CFGurl16

Hello Rosie.

CFGurl16

Hello Rosie.

CFGurl16

Hello Rosie.
<br />I am Sammi and im 16. and yes i do have an enlarged spleen.
<br />Im sorry that you have to go through it. It really stinks i know.
<br />I don't know how much mine is enlarged but i know it is. But it dosen't really bother me anymore i have had it for awhile now im used to getting bad news from the Docs. And i know that i have a few different pills for my spleen. And that sucks too but life goes on.
<br />I never had a problem with not being able to do sports though. I was always in P.E even when i was sick and couldn't really do anything i was still in it and it sucked i hated P.E it made things worse for me so i can't really relate with the whole wanting to do P.E. Sorry about that but i know other things i can't do because of this stupid C.F. Well hope your doing ok now.

Transplantmommy

I'm not a teen like the rest of you but I wanted to tell you that I have had an enlarged spleen since I was 14 (that's 13 years ago for me). If you have never heard the explanation of why it is enlarged.....here is the most common reason for CFers. The spleen filters the blood from your liver and when the liver is not really working properly, like portal hypertension (high blood pressure in the liver), the spleen will take the over-flow from the high blood pressure and can't sort it fast enough. It collects platetes (and other blood products) and that's why it's enlarged.

I was put into a "special" gym class when I was in 9th grade (just a smaller amount of people and some of the people were handicapped) and then when I hit 11th grade, I was completely taken out of gym and put into study hall. It really wasn't that bad because I didn't like gym anyway.

Well, not only did I have the portal hypertension, I also had cirrhosis. I ended up having a double lung and liver transplant last year and my spleen is still enlarged. The doctors thought that it would decrease to normal size after the transplant and while it did decrease, it is still large. Good luck to you all with your enlarged spleen. Mine has never caused any major problems.

Transplantmommy

I'm not a teen like the rest of you but I wanted to tell you that I have had an enlarged spleen since I was 14 (that's 13 years ago for me). If you have never heard the explanation of why it is enlarged.....here is the most common reason for CFers. The spleen filters the blood from your liver and when the liver is not really working properly, like portal hypertension (high blood pressure in the liver), the spleen will take the over-flow from the high blood pressure and can't sort it fast enough. It collects platetes (and other blood products) and that's why it's enlarged.

I was put into a "special" gym class when I was in 9th grade (just a smaller amount of people and some of the people were handicapped) and then when I hit 11th grade, I was completely taken out of gym and put into study hall. It really wasn't that bad because I didn't like gym anyway.

Well, not only did I have the portal hypertension, I also had cirrhosis. I ended up having a double lung and liver transplant last year and my spleen is still enlarged. The doctors thought that it would decrease to normal size after the transplant and while it did decrease, it is still large. Good luck to you all with your enlarged spleen. Mine has never caused any major problems.

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

<br />
<br />I was put into a "special" gym class when I was in 9th grade (just a smaller amount of people and some of the people were handicapped) and then when I hit 11th grade, I was completely taken out of gym and put into study hall. It really wasn't that bad because I didn't like gym anyway.
<br />
<br />Well, not only did I have the portal hypertension, I also had cirrhosis. I ended up having a double lung and liver transplant last year and my spleen is still enlarged. The doctors thought that it would decrease to normal size after the transplant and while it did decrease, it is still large. Good luck to you all with your enlarged spleen. Mine has never caused any major problems.