Enzyme dosages for 4 year old

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, per day... Previously, I thought it was 3 per meal, which I thought was excessive. DS is the same age -- he's on 5 pancrease mt4s per meal and 1-2 per snack. His snacks consist of peanuts, tortilla chips, sunflower nuts or crackers and I usually try to get him to drink some whole milk with his snack even though he prefers water. If it's fruit snacks or pretzels, I usually don't give him any enzymes. Depends upon the fat content.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, per day... Previously, I thought it was 3 per meal, which I thought was excessive. DS is the same age -- he's on 5 pancrease mt4s per meal and 1-2 per snack. His snacks consist of peanuts, tortilla chips, sunflower nuts or crackers and I usually try to get him to drink some whole milk with his snack even though he prefers water. If it's fruit snacks or pretzels, I usually don't give him any enzymes. Depends upon the fat content.

allie5

My 5 yr old daugther takes Ultrase MT 20 and has since she was 3 yrs old. They are working well for her.

allie5

My 5 yr old daugther takes Ultrase MT 20 and has since she was 3 yrs old. They are working well for her.

allie5

allie5

allie5

fkewatson

We went to the GI doctor last week to discuss his strange reaction to the enzymes. He gave us Creon 10's. Given the dramatic sensory regression we had on the Ultrase MT 20 I was reluctant to give them to him. But yesterday we tried giving just half of the Creon 10 and did this with two different meals. He regressed and today we are still paying the price for giving them to him. I know from experience that it will take another couple of days to get his Vit E status back to where it needs to be. I don't know what is going on. I don't know if it has anything to do with his CF carrier status as the GI doc thinks. I think there is more going on, something relatively rare discussed only in a highly specialized fields of medicine. I have my own theories which are being tested. I just hope we don't have to wait 10 years or more for a diagnosis when I am beating every door and pleading his case to any doctor who will listen, and mostly I get shoulders shrugged at me.

fkewatson

We went to the GI doctor last week to discuss his strange reaction to the enzymes. He gave us Creon 10's. Given the dramatic sensory regression we had on the Ultrase MT 20 I was reluctant to give them to him. But yesterday we tried giving just half of the Creon 10 and did this with two different meals. He regressed and today we are still paying the price for giving them to him. I know from experience that it will take another couple of days to get his Vit E status back to where it needs to be. I don't know what is going on. I don't know if it has anything to do with his CF carrier status as the GI doc thinks. I think there is more going on, something relatively rare discussed only in a highly specialized fields of medicine. I have my own theories which are being tested. I just hope we don't have to wait 10 years or more for a diagnosis when I am beating every door and pleading his case to any doctor who will listen, and mostly I get shoulders shrugged at me.

fkewatson

fkewatson

fkewatson