enzyme

hmw

Oh, and when Emily was approaching a max dose of enzymes last year, adding Prevacid made a big difference for her too. She gained a few pounds and we saw an improvement in her stools.

Re. increasing for greasy stools~ in our case at least, I'd look at what else was going on with it. Most kids with CF are not going to have perfect stools, no matter how they take their enzymes. We now know Emily's 'normal' and about 2/3rds of the time she has poop that looks 'good.' Since she is also growing and gaining and not having GI distress, that is wonderful. If her stool started trending in the wrong direction AND started struggling with growth or having GI distress- I'd want a change asap.

hmw

Oh, and when Emily was approaching a max dose of enzymes last year, adding Prevacid made a big difference for her too. She gained a few pounds and we saw an improvement in her stools.
<br />
<br />Re. increasing for greasy stools~ in our case at least, I'd look at what else was going on with it. Most kids with CF are not going to have perfect stools, no matter how they take their enzymes. We now know Emily's 'normal' and about 2/3rds of the time she has poop that looks 'good.' Since she is also growing and gaining and not having GI distress, that is wonderful. If her stool started trending in the wrong direction AND started struggling with growth or having GI distress- I'd want a change asap.