Enzymes!! AGH!

ajb900

Does it ever get better? We never have a week of normal stools and its very frustrating. She'll go from having 1 large formed stool for 1-2 days to nothing for a day to several somewhat loose stools for a day. None of them are greasy and she doesn't seem uncomfortable. I just don't know what to do. She gets 4 creon 6 with meals and 2 with snacks unless her snack is fatty, then she may get 3. Her weight is good, her appetite is good. I'm just wondering if is ever normal? Or is this my normal? Just looking for some advice or guidance or something to help me understand!!

ajb900

Does it ever get better? We never have a week of normal stools and its very frustrating. She'll go from having 1 large formed stool for 1-2 days to nothing for a day to several somewhat loose stools for a day. None of them are greasy and she doesn't seem uncomfortable. I just don't know what to do. She gets 4 creon 6 with meals and 2 with snacks unless her snack is fatty, then she may get 3. Her weight is good, her appetite is good. I'm just wondering if is ever normal? Or is this my normal? Just looking for some advice or guidance or something to help me understand!!

ajb900

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
At that age I don't believe DS had normal stools. When he was a baby any little change to his enzymes caused constipation issues. We were just used to them being very light in color -- yellowish orange and would easily break apart in the toilet. Never greasy, but sometimes there would be a greasy ring at the waterline in the toilet.

He was always within the 50th percentile for weight, so his doctors weren't concerned. But then he didn't gain any weight, got a little taller. At that point we switched to a larger dosage of enyzmes and we increased the amount and then we began to see normal stools. So in our case, DS probably needed more enzymes all along, but being new parents we just weren't sure what was "normal".

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
At that age I don't believe DS had normal stools. When he was a baby any little change to his enzymes caused constipation issues. We were just used to them being very light in color -- yellowish orange and would easily break apart in the toilet. Never greasy, but sometimes there would be a greasy ring at the waterline in the toilet.

He was always within the 50th percentile for weight, so his doctors weren't concerned. But then he didn't gain any weight, got a little taller. At that point we switched to a larger dosage of enyzmes and we increased the amount and then we began to see normal stools. So in our case, DS probably needed more enzymes all along, but being new parents we just weren't sure what was "normal".

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />He was always within the 50th percentile for weight, so his doctors weren't concerned. But then he didn't gain any weight, got a little taller. At that point we switched to a larger dosage of enyzmes and we increased the amount and then we began to see normal stools. So in our case, DS probably needed more enzymes all along, but being new parents we just weren't sure what was "normal".