Enzymes and G-Tube

MMBinNC

From what I've heard you take enzymes prior to the beginning of a tube feeding. But if it actuates over 8 hours how do the enzymes "do their job" the entire time? Or is it just accepted that there will be side effects and there is nothing we can do about it?

MMBinNC

From what I've heard you take enzymes prior to the beginning of a tube feeding. But if it actuates over 8 hours how do the enzymes "do their job" the entire time? Or is it just accepted that there will be side effects and there is nothing we can do about it?

MMBinNC

MMBinNC

MMBinNC

M

Mommafirst

With my daughter, we give enzymes when we start and in the morning when it stops. The nutritionist said that if it wasn't enough and she showed signs of needing more, we could push them through the tube (mixed with applesauce) midway through -- you could probably just wake up swallow a few enzymes and go back to sleep.

M

Mommafirst

With my daughter, we give enzymes when we start and in the morning when it stops. The nutritionist said that if it wasn't enough and she showed signs of needing more, we could push them through the tube (mixed with applesauce) midway through -- you could probably just wake up swallow a few enzymes and go back to sleep.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

Jane

Digital opinion leader
My boys take enzymes before and after. We also add viokase powder to the bag for during.

Jane

Digital opinion leader
My boys take enzymes before and after. We also add viokase powder to the bag for during.

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Jane

Digital opinion leader