Enzymes

damiensmom

My son had a very hard time gaining weight , he was on 4 creon 5s at that size also the nutrionist calculates those enzymes and 4 will be the max dose but my son needed the max dose. I was also concerned but we fought really hard to keep out a feeding tube. As I look back not untill we started taking the max did we see an improvement. WE still take the max for his size we are on creon 10s now.4 is alot to give thats alot of spoonfulls of applesause but if you notice less oil after 4 then you know he is absorbing better and there for gonna gain .LOL

damiensmom

My son had a very hard time gaining weight , he was on 4 creon 5s at that size also the nutrionist calculates those enzymes and 4 will be the max dose but my son needed the max dose. I was also concerned but we fought really hard to keep out a feeding tube. As I look back not untill we started taking the max did we see an improvement. WE still take the max for his size we are on creon 10s now.4 is alot to give thats alot of spoonfulls of applesause but if you notice less oil after 4 then you know he is absorbing better and there for gonna gain .LOL

damiensmom

damiensmom

damiensmom

JosephinesMommy

I wish we could do the applesauce! It makes her have bad diarrhea! No applesauce here. We just pour them in her mouth and I use a syringe of breastmilk to rinse them down and then latch her on. I have asked if because we aren't using the fruit to get them to her stomach if they are breaking down before they get there and her dietician said no. I just want her to be healthy (duh) and it is frustrating. She has been gaining steadily (33 grams a day!) and I just want it to continue so I don't have to do more supplementation. We already have to give one bottle of enhanced breastmilk a day and she hates the bottle!

JosephinesMommy

I wish we could do the applesauce! It makes her have bad diarrhea! No applesauce here. We just pour them in her mouth and I use a syringe of breastmilk to rinse them down and then latch her on. I have asked if because we aren't using the fruit to get them to her stomach if they are breaking down before they get there and her dietician said no. I just want her to be healthy (duh) and it is frustrating. She has been gaining steadily (33 grams a day!) and I just want it to continue so I don't have to do more supplementation. We already have to give one bottle of enhanced breastmilk a day and she hates the bottle!

JosephinesMommy

JosephinesMommy

JosephinesMommy

S

sdelorenzo

Is she taking Prevacid (or Zantac) to help the enzymes work better?
Sharon, mom of Sophia, 7 and Jack, 5 both with cf

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

<br />Sharon, mom of Sophia, 7 and Jack, 5 both with cf