essential oils

B

bookperson

I'm a definite western medicine acolyte, but I find in many instances, especially in regards to CF, western medicine is limited. So while I do all the prescribed treatments, I like to add in things that may or may not be helpful from other philosophies of healing. I've recently become interested in essential oils and I'm wondering if anyone here has experience using essential oils as a treatment for CF respiratory issues. Specifically, I want to know if it is safe to use an essential oil diffuser and how best to keep it clean and bacteria-free. I intend to ask my doctor at my next clinic visit about this, but it's also nice to hear the results of direct user experience. Thanks!

B

bookperson

I know someone must use essential oils, because another thread was started about it recently. No one has any tips on cleaning a cold diffuser? Also, mine says not to use distilled water. Is it safe for us to use tap? Any experience or suggestions would be appreciated. I'm not a dealer or a troll, so not sure why no one responded. Am i posting this in the wrong section?

jaimers

Super Moderator
you may want to try posting it in the alternative medicine section. like you said there are several other essential oil threads there and so people with essential oil experience may see this post as well since they are already looking/commenting in that section. so many threads get posted/started in this section that they get pushed down the list easily and are missed. hope someone can help you! i personally have no essential oil experience but it sounds interesting!

B

bookperson

thanks for responding, jaimers. i think i'll scroll through the threads there and see if anyone has already answered my questions. :)

Tisha

Lavender oil (boiling water, pouring a few drops of pure oil, breathing in the steam under a towel) made my pseudomonas sensitized again, when they were resistant to everything.
I love oils and use them a lot. I have medical studies I can share, feel free to email me at lklemetz@yahoo.es.
:eek:

Norman Fitness

I just started using essential oils and so far I think they are helping! I use a diffuser when I sleep and do a mixture of peppermint, lemon and tea tree. Leaned a lesson with tea tree though, if you use too much it burns really bad. I woke up the first day with a horrible sore throat and nose. I do 5 drops peppermint, 5 drops lemon and 2 drops of tea tree. It will clean your sinuses out like crazy! I have also noticed that it is helping me get more mucus up while I do the vest. I am going to get some eucalyptus oil, I've heard it is good for the respiratory system. Hope this helps a little.