Ever had nasal polyps because of CF

janddburke

my daughter has had several polyps. they seem to come and go.

but let's be honest. I can't remember the last time someone looked up my nose!

wonder what the % of the general population would have polyps if they got check out as thoroughly every 3 months like CFers.

I don't have CF and my FEV % would be in the toilet. and who knows what else they would find.

Early detection is the key. keep your appointments!

janddburke

wonder what the % of the general population would have polyps if they got check out as thoroughly every 3 months like CFers.

I don't have CF and my FEV % would be in the toilet. and who knows what else they would find.

janddburke

janddburke

janddburke

janddburke

D

donny71

constantly.

i cannot get rid of em ,

i have had them since i was 3 or 4 i have had 6 or so surgeries, with some relief. i had one surgery that lasted 2 years and after then i would get constant flare ups , regular spays/sinus rinsing give temporary relief but then hours later i am stuffed up.

after my most recent surgery, (last year) we did pre/post cat scans of my sinues, and hte post one was worse then the pre one (a few months later) we even went a province over for a second opinion, and he said there is nothing more they can do but if it become a problem again (infection spreading to chest constantly) or there is too much pain then we can do surgery for temp relief.

they have done so much drilling in my nose for drainage i found out that there running out of stuff to drill out!

oh and most recently i found out that my sinuses are resistant to antibiotics (most common ones like tobramyacin cipro etc and most sprays so watch out!)

just posting this to let anyone out there with severe polyp sinus issues know... your not alone!

D

donny71

constantly.

i cannot get rid of em ,

i have had them since i was 3 or 4 i have had 6 or so surgeries, with some relief. i had one surgery that lasted 2 years and after then i would get constant flare ups , regular spays/sinus rinsing give temporary relief but then hours later i am stuffed up.

after my most recent surgery, (last year) we did pre/post cat scans of my sinues, and hte post one was worse then the pre one (a few months later) we even went a province over for a second opinion, and he said there is nothing more they can do but if it become a problem again (infection spreading to chest constantly) or there is too much pain then we can do surgery for temp relief.

they have done so much drilling in my nose for drainage i found out that there running out of stuff to drill out!

oh and most recently i found out that my sinuses are resistant to antibiotics (most common ones like tobramyacin cipro etc and most sprays so watch out!)

just posting this to let anyone out there with severe polyp sinus issues know... your not alone!

D

donny71

constantly.

i cannot get rid of em ,

D

donny71

constantly.

i cannot get rid of em ,