Every Breath: An Animation About Growing Up with Cystic Fibrosis

AngelXMikey

HELLO EVERYONE!!!

So Several months back I posted this topic in teens and young people section http://forum.cysticfibrosis.com/threads/39421-Every-Breathe?p=919176#post919176 So read it to get caught up.

Anywho, The song just got done and sounds awesome, I would totally love for ya'll to hear it, BUT I wanna wait till I make the AMV to release it. Maybe Ill give ya'll a taste..... https://soundcloud.com/angelxmikey/every-breath-preview

So I'm going to start on the animation after I finish a Pokemon Parody I'm working on. So expect the video around December, that is if I don't go in for my Lung Transplant before then. Alright tell me how you feel about all this and enjoy ;D

Check out my Youtube channel, I make Anime Parodies http://www.youtube.com/user/AngelXmikey

shelij

Wow, you are amazing! That clip was very moving. I have two CFer's and my oldest son is officially a teenager. He is realizing and often dwells on the whole life expectancy thing. He is convinced he is going to die when he is 34. He is actually doing quite well and has never cultured B. Cepacia, MRSA, etc.... But he still endures several hospitalizations every year. Lately, his coping mechanism has centered around his love for music and the arts. He pumps himself up for needle sticks and PICC lines by listening to Emimen's "lose yourself". I can't wait for him to hear your song when he wakes up. Your sick beats will absolutely inspire him...I have goosebumps. He created a youtube channel called ZekeZapple and our CFstarfighters channel, they chronicle some of his hospitalizations...he is kinda a badass.
We have "connections", every single one of my contacts will be invited to hear your music. Keep at it, CF doesn't have to evoke super-sappy, cheesy ballads. We fight the fight...not fall into the self-pity trap.

D

DmT145

My only feedback would be to change or vary the chord progression. Since your vocal is atonal, it shouldn't matter what chord or key you are playing in. Currently you're doing Dmin-Bflat-Fmaj-Cmaj (which are ubiquitous in pop and rap music). You might try a Dmin-Bflat-Cmaj-Dmin or alternatively Dmin-Bflat-Cmaj-Bflat-Cmaj-Dmin, but adding more than 4 chords might screw with your timing. I'd also consider doing arpeggios rather than playing the same chord twice. I do like the delay, perhaps play with it on the vocal. A slapback delay around 50-80ms. You could get really fancy and make the delay longer in one channel (so 50-80ms in left and 80-120ms in right). The vocal delay may only work in certain sections. Good luck and have fun!

Twistofchaos

Oh man those are quality animations! watched the Attack no titan one. :D Lemme get me a sizeable cup of coffee and see what else you have on your channel. (I subbed)

LittleLab4CF

Super Moderator
Mikey,

I just gave your tune a listen. "It moves me", in the words of the Alien Spock. Only moments ago I closed my eyes and tried to hear/feel your message so this is from the gut. There is the intensity all CFers feel in the constant push through life with a mucus trail at our feet and you captured that desperate chatter of medical management noise invading our psyche's as we try to just get on with life. That is my one minute impression. I don't crave this style of music, but it is perfectly executed and perfectly fits your message. I love it!

LL

LittleLab4CF

Super Moderator
AngelXMikey,

Can you pm the lyrics? Ok, I'm lazy and not crazy to snatch something from a cloud just yet. This must be what getting old is all about. For a person who spent his life cutting his throat on the leading edge of technology, I am choosing NOT to be on facebook, leave the clouds to the future generations and tweeting for the birds. I need your help! The going rate is a dollar, if Apple is still lording over talent, so if you can, let the more private crowd in on your art, without becoming a member of the cloud.......

LL

AngelXMikey

@o@..............What? lol I dont know much about the music part, I just got all the people togather than I wanted and helped guide the direction of how I wanted the song to go. All the people on this project are all novice artists like myself. I really enjoyed how the song sounded so they already got paid. I will be the one animating the video thou.