Experience with IVF/PGD

humphrey711

Hi All,
I posted this on the pg board too. My daughter is 2 w/cf (dd508) and we want at least one more child. We are considering IVF/PGD but I am curious what people's experiences are with it. All stories are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

humphrey711

Hi All,
I posted this on the pg board too. My daughter is 2 w/cf (dd508) and we want at least one more child. We are considering IVF/PGD but I am curious what people's experiences are with it. All stories are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

humphrey711

Hi All,

Thanks!

humphrey711

Hi All,

Thanks!

humphrey711

Hi All,
<br />I posted this on the pg board too. My daughter is 2 w/cf (dd508) and we want at least one more child. We are considering IVF/PGD but I am curious what people's experiences are with it. All stories are greatly appreciated.
<br />
<br />Thanks!

datca1994

Hello, my son is also 2.5. We went in for a consultation at the The Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine in Virginia. We provided the names of the mutations, and because one is so rare (only known case is in Pakistan!) we were told they would be unable to assist us! They apparently don't have the technology to test for all the mutations. You should go for it, just make sure the clinic will check for the specific mutations! Good luck!

datca1994

Hello, my son is also 2.5. We went in for a consultation at the The Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine in Virginia. We provided the names of the mutations, and because one is so rare (only known case is in Pakistan!) we were told they would be unable to assist us! They apparently don't have the technology to test for all the mutations. You should go for it, just make sure the clinic will check for the specific mutations! Good luck!

datca1994

datca1994

datca1994

JosephinesMommy

Hi there, my husband and I are in teh same boat. Our daughter is almost 6 months and we also want to have more children, well at least one more! We are going to do IVF/PGD when we decide to have another and we are lucky that the only place that does this procedure around is in the same location as the CF clinic!

I don't have any advice, but just thought I would give you a little support!

JosephinesMommy

Hi there, my husband and I are in teh same boat. Our daughter is almost 6 months and we also want to have more children, well at least one more! We are going to do IVF/PGD when we decide to have another and we are lucky that the only place that does this procedure around is in the same location as the CF clinic!

JosephinesMommy

JosephinesMommy

JosephinesMommy

<br />
<br />I don't have any advice, but just thought I would give you a little support!

M

mneville

We used IVF/PGD to conceive our second son. Our firstborn is a Double Delta. Our experience was pretty good. 3 rounds of IVF, two embryos implanted and one healthy baby. We used Dr Hughes at genesis genetics,he invented PGD and has done the most CF cases in the world. I would be happy to answer any questions!

Megan, mom to Aidan 4 CF and Gavin 22 months no CF

M

mneville

We used IVF/PGD to conceive our second son. Our firstborn is a Double Delta. Our experience was pretty good. 3 rounds of IVF, two embryos implanted and one healthy baby. We used Dr Hughes at genesis genetics,he invented PGD and has done the most CF cases in the world. I would be happy to answer any questions!

M

mneville

M

mneville

M

mneville

<br />
<br />Megan, mom to Aidan 4 CF and Gavin 22 months no CF