Experiences with Paxil

Gingerloveslife

Hi! I just wanted to say I had a terrible experience on Paxil. Just two days after starting it my anxiety got so bad that my brain felt like it was squeezing in with all these worries and racing thoughts. My husband rushed me to the doctor who asked me if I wanted to kill myself and I stated no but I cannot live like this. The doctor then had me sent to a mental hospital where I had to spend the night for suicide evaluation. It was one of the worst nights of my life being locked up with extremely crazy people and I did not even see a psychologist until the next morning. When the psychologist heard all of my symptoms, he said it was a reaction to the Paxil and that since I was so small it was just too much for my body and brain to process. He placed me on a low dose of Effexor and sent me on my way. The effexor worked fine and I never again had an episode like that again. Antidepressants are definitely scary drugs to take.

Gingerloveslife

Hi! I just wanted to say I had a terrible experience on Paxil. Just two days after starting it my anxiety got so bad that my brain felt like it was squeezing in with all these worries and racing thoughts. My husband rushed me to the doctor who asked me if I wanted to kill myself and I stated no but I cannot live like this. The doctor then had me sent to a mental hospital where I had to spend the night for suicide evaluation. It was one of the worst nights of my life being locked up with extremely crazy people and I did not even see a psychologist until the next morning. When the psychologist heard all of my symptoms, he said it was a reaction to the Paxil and that since I was so small it was just too much for my body and brain to process. He placed me on a low dose of Effexor and sent me on my way. The effexor worked fine and I never again had an episode like that again. Antidepressants are definitely scary drugs to take.

Gingerloveslife

Gingerloveslife

Gingerloveslife

thefrogprincess

The key thing to remember with anxiety meds or antidepressants is that there are a million of them out there and only one may really work for you. I tried 4 before I found one that I tolerate without side effects and helps my depression. But I know people who have tried many more than that. If it doesn't work try something else, and something else as many times as it takes. Its a frustrating process I know, but worth it.

thefrogprincess

The key thing to remember with anxiety meds or antidepressants is that there are a million of them out there and only one may really work for you. I tried 4 before I found one that I tolerate without side effects and helps my depression. But I know people who have tried many more than that. If it doesn't work try something else, and something else as many times as it takes. Its a frustrating process I know, but worth it.

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

thefrogprincess

blondelawyer

Paxil didn't work for me and if you are having problems definitely talk to your doctor. What jessi said is so true! It can take several tries with medication before you find the one that works for you, and the process is definitely frustrating! Bit stick with it ! Finding what works for you can have amazing results! My friend just started cymbalta for anxiety and it has worked wonders for her. I also take that for depression and it is the one for e. Good luck with the search for the right drug and dosage. It really is worth the frustration when you find the right combo!

blondelawyer

Paxil didn't work for me and if you are having problems definitely talk to your doctor. What jessi said is so true! It can take several tries with medication before you find the one that works for you, and the process is definitely frustrating! Bit stick with it ! Finding what works for you can have amazing results! My friend just started cymbalta for anxiety and it has worked wonders for her. I also take that for depression and it is the one for e. Good luck with the search for the right drug and dosage. It really is worth the frustration when you find the right combo!

blondelawyer

blondelawyer

blondelawyer