F508 and W1282x

rnordlnd

I finally figured out how to start my own topic, and a few have replied in other threads.
Anyone else with more info would be greatly appreciated.

I'd like some information on these two genes: F508 and W1282x.
My 2 week old granddaughter just recieved her lab results back from her newborn screening. It stated there was a high likelyhood that she has cystic fibrosis. With these 2 genes is it still possible that she doesn't? She also recieved her first sweat test a couple of days ago and we are awaiting the results.

She is a breastfed baby and we are noticing that she seems to be uncomfortable when she's about to have a BM. However they seem normal for a breastfed baby.

Any words of wisdom would be apprecitated. Also if someone could comment on what they know about the symptoms etc. associated with these to genes would be wonderful.

I'm so happy to have found this website!

rnordlnd

I finally figured out how to start my own topic, and a few have replied in other threads.

My 2 week old granddaughter just recieved her lab results back from her newborn screening. It stated there was a high likelyhood that she has cystic fibrosis. With these 2 genes is it still possible that she doesn't? She also recieved her first sweat test a couple of days ago and we are awaiting the results.

She is a breastfed baby and we are noticing that she seems to be uncomfortable when she's about to have a BM. However they seem normal for a breastfed baby.

Any words of wisdom would be apprecitated. Also if someone could comment on what they know about the symptoms etc. associated with these to genes would be wonderful.

rnordlnd

rnordlnd

rnordlnd

Rebjane

Super Moderator
I Private mailed you as my daughter has those mutations. My daughter did need pancreatic enzymes every time she breastfed.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
I Private mailed you as my daughter has those mutations. My daughter did need pancreatic enzymes every time she breastfed.

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

MargaritaChic

My daughter is 13 days old. Last week we received her newborn screening results and found that she has the same gene mutations (Delta F508 and w1282x).

She has not had the sweat test done yet. We will have it done in a month because we were told that it can be difficult to collect in newborns.

We have been told that the genetics show that she most likely has CF and the Sweat test will just be done as a final confermatin.

We have started her on Vitamin drops and enzymes.

I am also seeking information on these two genes. I still cannot believe this is happening to my baby girl. I need any help/information you can provide.

MargaritaChic

My daughter is 13 days old. Last week we received her newborn screening results and found that she has the same gene mutations (Delta F508 and w1282x).

She has not had the sweat test done yet. We will have it done in a month because we were told that it can be difficult to collect in newborns.

We have been told that the genetics show that she most likely has CF and the Sweat test will just be done as a final confermatin.

I am also seeking information on these two genes. I still cannot believe this is happening to my baby girl. I need any help/information you can provide.

MargaritaChic

MargaritaChic

MargaritaChic

rnordlnd

I'm very sorry to hear that your new baby also has been diagnosed. I can tell you that the information I've gathered in the last week has been both overwhelming and encouraging. The users on this site have been very very helpful.

Since your daughter and my granddaughter are so close in age I'd like to hear more about your experiences. Our granddaughter is not on any enzemes yet.
She is on regular infant vitamins and is breastfed.

I ordered my daughter and her husband 2 books about CF I found on Amazon that I hope will help them.

rnordlnd

I'm very sorry to hear that your new baby also has been diagnosed. I can tell you that the information I've gathered in the last week has been both overwhelming and encouraging. The users on this site have been very very helpful.

Since your daughter and my granddaughter are so close in age I'd like to hear more about your experiences. Our granddaughter is not on any enzemes yet.

I ordered my daughter and her husband 2 books about CF I found on Amazon that I hope will help them.

rnordlnd

rnordlnd

rnordlnd