Face masks

Fruity

So I asked a few months back if anyone here wore face masks to protect themselves in public. I do it, the blue "surgical" ones, I wear them at work, at movie theaters and doctors offices. My question is not if you wear them but why you wouldn't? It didn't really cross over into the other thread. I heard you all say you'd never do it, but for no other reason than you would be mortified to be covering your face. Now, before you all say it doesn't work; I have been wearing them a year. And since wearing them I have been infection free. I work in a learning center with 30+ people in a closed room for hours at a time. They have colds, flu, coughs, you name it, I sit next to them, within a foot of their faces and I have been not only cold free, but infection free. I see this as results. Granted, I am a more mild case and everyone is different, i'm not saying you should all do it by any means, it's your choice. However, for the three years that I did not wear these masks, I contracted many staph infections, and non-mucoid PA (thankfully cleared *knock on wood*)

---- So. In general, if you knew they would work for you and it meant less infections, would you wear them? I'll never stop wearing them. I could care less if people see me as strange, what matters to me is my health, and this doesn't seem to drastic a thing to do in my mind. I'm curious if it is in yours and if so, why.

Ceci

Fruity

So I asked a few months back if anyone here wore face masks to protect themselves in public. I do it, the blue "surgical" ones, I wear them at work, at movie theaters and doctors offices. My question is not if you wear them but why you wouldn't? It didn't really cross over into the other thread. I heard you all say you'd never do it, but for no other reason than you would be mortified to be covering your face. Now, before you all say it doesn't work; I have been wearing them a year. And since wearing them I have been infection free. I work in a learning center with 30+ people in a closed room for hours at a time. They have colds, flu, coughs, you name it, I sit next to them, within a foot of their faces and I have been not only cold free, but infection free. I see this as results. Granted, I am a more mild case and everyone is different, i'm not saying you should all do it by any means, it's your choice. However, for the three years that I did not wear these masks, I contracted many staph infections, and non-mucoid PA (thankfully cleared *knock on wood*)

---- So. In general, if you knew they would work for you and it meant less infections, would you wear them? I'll never stop wearing them. I could care less if people see me as strange, what matters to me is my health, and this doesn't seem to drastic a thing to do in my mind. I'm curious if it is in yours and if so, why.

Ceci

Fruity

Ceci

Tess

That's really very cool to hear they work well for you. And no colds or infections for a whole year WOW.

I don't wear masks not because it looks weird but because breathing into one of them make me feel too hot and like i can't breath so i start coughing and can't stop.

I tried to wear them (the white ones) in high school wood shop class because of the dust ... it was a rough time.

It's good to hear the awesome results you got from them though...

Tess

That's really very cool to hear they work well for you. And no colds or infections for a whole year WOW.

I don't wear masks not because it looks weird but because breathing into one of them make me feel too hot and like i can't breath so i start coughing and can't stop.

I tried to wear them (the white ones) in high school wood shop class because of the dust ... it was a rough time.

Tess

JazzysMom

I cant wear any mask for any period of time. I get hot, frustrated and that makes it difficult to breath. I didnt like wearing a mask for O2 either. I dont think I would even without the other issues.

JazzysMom

I cant wear any mask for any period of time. I get hot, frustrated and that makes it difficult to breath. I didnt like wearing a mask for O2 either. I dont think I would even without the other issues.

JazzysMom

blindhearted

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>JazzysMom</b></i>

I cant wear any mask for any period of time. I get hot, frustrated and that makes it difficult to breath...</end quote></div>

Same here. It makes me too uncomfortable. I feel like I cant breathe to the point that I am sufficating. That results in having more coughing spells. Not the productive kind, the ones that result in vomiting and gasping for air. It's more of a problem than solution for me.

blindhearted

I cant wear any mask for any period of time. I get hot, frustrated and that makes it difficult to breath...</end quote></div>

Same here. It makes me too uncomfortable. I feel like I cant breathe to the point that I am sufficating. That results in having more coughing spells. Not the productive kind, the ones that result in vomiting and gasping for air. It's more of a problem than solution for me.

blindhearted

Emily65Roses

I don't wear them anywhere for any reason. As much as I'm not shallow, I'm not really looking forward to wearing masks in public. I don't need people staring at me and treating me like I've got the plague.

On top of that, to agree with the others, they get so damn wet and humid that it drives me nuts. When I wear one just to access my port, it gets really hard to breathe, and that's only for 5 minutes or so.

I'm not big on "protecting" myself from germs. I'd be one of the last people on earth to wear a mask voluntarily.

Emily65Roses

I don't wear them anywhere for any reason. As much as I'm not shallow, I'm not really looking forward to wearing masks in public. I don't need people staring at me and treating me like I've got the plague.

On top of that, to agree with the others, they get so damn wet and humid that it drives me nuts. When I wear one just to access my port, it gets really hard to breathe, and that's only for 5 minutes or so.

I'm not big on "protecting" myself from germs. I'd be one of the last people on earth to wear a mask voluntarily.

Emily65Roses

Uli

I´m 44 with cf. I spent my vacations as kid mostly on a farm, had different pets, visited school and studied. I worked at the foreigners office for over 20 years, going to work in buses and underground trains filled with people, and met several customers each day from many countries. I travelled mostly by plane to many destinations like USA, Africa, Australia, Asia, ate at streetcookings, tried fresh fruit on the street without a possibility to wash my hands, petted dogs and cats, used some very weird toilets.
Of course I got a cold sometimes, but only once a high fever with diarroeh and I would do it all again! For me thats life and I would never want to wear a mask.
In my opinion everybodys immune system needs to fight germs to get stronger and not get allergies instead.

Uli,44,Germany,cf/cfrd

Uli

I´m 44 with cf. I spent my vacations as kid mostly on a farm, had different pets, visited school and studied. I worked at the foreigners office for over 20 years, going to work in buses and underground trains filled with people, and met several customers each day from many countries. I travelled mostly by plane to many destinations like USA, Africa, Australia, Asia, ate at streetcookings, tried fresh fruit on the street without a possibility to wash my hands, petted dogs and cats, used some very weird toilets.
Of course I got a cold sometimes, but only once a high fever with diarroeh and I would do it all again! For me thats life and I would never want to wear a mask.
In my opinion everybodys immune system needs to fight germs to get stronger and not get allergies instead.

Uli,44,Germany,cf/cfrd

Uli

Uli,44,Germany,cf/cfrd

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Uli</b></i>

Uli,44,Germany,cf/cfrd</end quote></div>

I would have love to been along for these adventures. It sounds so much fun. Even with the fevers & diahreah. Worth it all - TO LIVE TO THE FULLEST!

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Uli</b></i>

Uli,44,Germany,cf/cfrd</end quote></div>

I would have love to been along for these adventures. It sounds so much fun. Even with the fevers & diahreah. Worth it all - TO LIVE TO THE FULLEST!