FALLING SKIES cf mention

ej0820

@ sara - I found this article after I posted my response. It's really interesting!
<br /><A HREF="http://www.prweb.com/releases/University-of-Wisconsin/Philip-Farrell_CF/prweb4448774.htm">http://www.prweb.com/releases/University-of-Wisconsin/Philip-Farrell_CF/prweb4448774.htm</A>
<br />
<br />@SeeEff - Sorry if I seem to be hijacking your post! I didn't see the show, but someone posted about it on FB. I joked and said that judging by how the episode sounds, all we need to hold out hope for is alien abduction or a zombie apocalypse, lol. I've seen both good and very poor portrayals of CF on TV shows and even in books I've read. Most of them are a little more dramatic than needed, which I feel gives the general population the wrong impression of what CF is, but, it's TV and drama sells.

imported_Momto2

Thanks guys! Erin, regarding the cholera comment, if the heterozygous condition results in an evolutionary advantage, how could people possibly think that carriers of CF DONT have some very mild symptomology of the disease? Its always made sense to me that carriers have to a some sort of a mild manifestation. Anyone know of some stats or papers out there that document "carrier CF"? And interesting article!!

And I really appreciate the stats Tiffa : )

imported_Momto2

Thanks guys! Erin, regarding the cholera comment, if the heterozygous condition results in an evolutionary advantage, how could people possibly think that carriers of CF DONT have some very mild symptomology of the disease? Its always made sense to me that carriers have to a some sort of a mild manifestation. Anyone know of some stats or papers out there that document "carrier CF"? And interesting article!!

And I really appreciate the stats Tiffa : )

imported_Momto2

<br />
<br />And I really appreciate the stats Tiffa : )

Havoc

There have been some studies on symptomatic carriers. I will have to look them up. I can't recall how conclusive they were.

Havoc

There have been some studies on symptomatic carriers. I will have to look them up. I can't recall how conclusive they were.

Havoc