False Positive Asymptomatic

okok

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>larch07</b></i>

Thank you for all your replys. I thought I would just clear a few things up.

Firstly the test they used for the DNA was a gel based one, which I guess rules out the chance of F508c.

I think i misunderstood the first time i read this. I thought that you said only your genetic test was preformed by gel electrophoresis. If you daughter's test was preformed by this method then she definately has CF (and two deletions). But it is great she is doing so well that you are doubting she has CF. Keep up the good work. It sounds as if you are taking great care of her.

okok

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>larch07</b></i>

Thank you for all your replys. I thought I would just clear a few things up.

Firstly the test they used for the DNA was a gel based one, which I guess rules out the chance of F508c.

I think i misunderstood the first time i read this. I thought that you said only your genetic test was preformed by gel electrophoresis. If you daughter's test was preformed by this method then she definately has CF (and two deletions). But it is great she is doing so well that you are doubting she has CF. Keep up the good work. It sounds as if you are taking great care of her.

sunshine07

Hi,
My daughter was diagnosed through the newborn screening program. She was sent for a sweat test, the first one came back as borderline as did the second one. They did the full genetic panel through Ambry and found DeltaF508, and another rare mutation of I1051F which according to Steve at Ambry have never ever been seen before. They do not know at this point if the rare mutation is a non disease causing mutation or even a real mutation at this point. My daughter has no symptons at all she is pancreatic sufficient, and currenlty no on any meds so yes it is possible to have no symptoms but of course that can change at anytime and only time will tell. I hope this helps a little, and best of luck.

sunshine07

Hi,
My daughter was diagnosed through the newborn screening program. She was sent for a sweat test, the first one came back as borderline as did the second one. They did the full genetic panel through Ambry and found DeltaF508, and another rare mutation of I1051F which according to Steve at Ambry have never ever been seen before. They do not know at this point if the rare mutation is a non disease causing mutation or even a real mutation at this point. My daughter has no symptons at all she is pancreatic sufficient, and currenlty no on any meds so yes it is possible to have no symptoms but of course that can change at anytime and only time will tell. I hope this helps a little, and best of luck.

sunshine07

Hi,

sunshine07

Hi,

sunshine07

Hi,

sunshine07

Hi,

sue35

I was diagnosed at age 5 on a whim of my doctors. I am absolutely no symptoms. I had no lung problems, no trouble gaining weight, no salty skin, nothing. I got a couple of ear infections in a row and my doctor thought that instead of allergies it could be CF and I turned out to have the double DF508. So it is completely possible to have no symptoms and have CF. I didn't even get any symptoms or go into the hospital until 7th grade

sue35

I was diagnosed at age 5 on a whim of my doctors. I am absolutely no symptoms. I had no lung problems, no trouble gaining weight, no salty skin, nothing. I got a couple of ear infections in a row and my doctor thought that instead of allergies it could be CF and I turned out to have the double DF508. So it is completely possible to have no symptoms and have CF. I didn't even get any symptoms or go into the hospital until 7th grade

sue35

sue35

sue35

sue35