Family Stress

rpcvchina

We had two children diagnosed in April. My husband has always been a very touchy person who is easily upset, but now it is totally insane. He cannot be around any family member for more than 10 minutes without shouting and becoming furious over something that is totally insignificant. He is totally convinced that other people are to blame. What can we possibly do? Even before the CF, we went to 3 marriage counselors-- through insurance, a "couples weekend", and with church. Nothing makes a difference and insurance pays for only 5 visits. It would be totally impossible now to both go to counseling with 3 hours a night of treatments for 2 kids. What have other families done with the stress of it all? The whole house is under seige with his anger and telling him about that only makes him angrier.

rpcvchina

We had two children diagnosed in April. My husband has always been a very touchy person who is easily upset, but now it is totally insane. He cannot be around any family member for more than 10 minutes without shouting and becoming furious over something that is totally insignificant. He is totally convinced that other people are to blame. What can we possibly do? Even before the CF, we went to 3 marriage counselors-- through insurance, a "couples weekend", and with church. Nothing makes a difference and insurance pays for only 5 visits. It would be totally impossible now to both go to counseling with 3 hours a night of treatments for 2 kids. What have other families done with the stress of it all? The whole house is under seige with his anger and telling him about that only makes him angrier.

rpcvchina

rpcvchina

rpcvchina

Fran

Sounds like he is really upset about your children's diagnosis. Understandable, but makes life very difficult for you. Don't really have any advice, my husband more a head in the sand type. Hope you work it out soon.

Fran

Sounds like he is really upset about your children's diagnosis. Understandable, but makes life very difficult for you. Don't really have any advice, my husband more a head in the sand type. Hope you work it out soon.

Fran

Fran

Fran

T

TonyaH

If your children are seen at an accredited CF center, there will be a social worker as part of your CF care team. I would find him/her and explain your situation. They may be able to help sort out all of these feelings, or recommend a support group in your area. This site is a wonderful source of info and support, but sometimes you need that one-on-one interaction with other CF parents.

This disease is very stressful for everyone in the family. The worst part of it is, of course, is the physical pain it inflicts on our cfer, and how much we want to take that away from them. But aside from that, this disease is extremely expensive and time-consuming. My husband and I go through our share of ups and downs. You are not alone!

T

TonyaH

If your children are seen at an accredited CF center, there will be a social worker as part of your CF care team. I would find him/her and explain your situation. They may be able to help sort out all of these feelings, or recommend a support group in your area. This site is a wonderful source of info and support, but sometimes you need that one-on-one interaction with other CF parents.

This disease is very stressful for everyone in the family. The worst part of it is, of course, is the physical pain it inflicts on our cfer, and how much we want to take that away from them. But aside from that, this disease is extremely expensive and time-consuming. My husband and I go through our share of ups and downs. You are not alone!

T

TonyaH

T

TonyaH

T

TonyaH

<br />
<br />This disease is very stressful for everyone in the family. The worst part of it is, of course, is the physical pain it inflicts on our cfer, and how much we want to take that away from them. But aside from that, this disease is extremely expensive and time-consuming. My husband and I go through our share of ups and downs. You are not alone!