Fecal Fat collection

janddburke

This site has been sooooo helpful.
hopefully this is a quick question.

we have an appointment on Tuesday 7/31. the Dr. requested a Fecal Elastase evaluation.

for this we need a stool sample, but I misplaced my instructions.
I do have the 'hat', sample jar and a few wooden tongue depressors.

now what do I do? after the sample is collected is storing in the freezer okay?

thoughts? ideas? any and all assistance is greatly appreciated.

--Debbie.

janddburke

we have an appointment on Tuesday 7/31. the Dr. requested a Fecal Elastase evaluation.

--Debbie.

janddburke

--Debbie.

janddburke

--Debbie.

janddburke

--Debbie.

S

sdelorenzo

Is it a three day fecal fat test or a one time sample? Your best bet I would think would be to call the GI dr's nurse and ask her to fax over the instructions or tell you over the phone. I think different drs have different ways to go about collecting it and any information they might want you to record as well.
Sharon, mom of Sophia, 5 and Jack, 3 both with cf

S

sdelorenzo

Is it a three day fecal fat test or a one time sample? Your best bet I would think would be to call the GI dr's nurse and ask her to fax over the instructions or tell you over the phone. I think different drs have different ways to go about collecting it and any information they might want you to record as well.

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

janddburke

it is just a fecal sample, not a 3 day test.

Jess is currently on no enzymes and they wanted to test her stool to see if she's still okay, BEFORE she experiences any symptoms.

the instructions were just a photocopied sheet, very informal.

janddburke

Jess is currently on no enzymes and they wanted to test her stool to see if she's still okay, BEFORE she experiences any symptoms.

janddburke

janddburke

janddburke

momja

Use the wooden sticks to collect the sample and fill the tube to the fill line then store in the fridge.

momja

Use the wooden sticks to collect the sample and fill the tube to the fill line then store in the fridge.

momja

momja

momja