Fed Up!!

J

Juniper

I've just finished a quick 10 day course of home Ivs . Was feeling breathless and doctor suggested a top up before i go away on holiday.

My FEV1 before i started was 56% now its 51%. I can't understand why its dropped its always gone up before after a course of IV's . My doctor isn't unduly worried and said it can go down but should recover in the next few weeks.

I particularly wanted a good reading today with my holiday coming up.

Has anyone else had this result before ??

J

Juniper

I've just finished a quick 10 day course of home Ivs . Was feeling breathless and doctor suggested a top up before i go away on holiday.

My FEV1 before i started was 56% now its 51%. I can't understand why its dropped its always gone up before after a course of IV's . My doctor isn't unduly worried and said it can go down but should recover in the next few weeks.

J

Juniper

J

Juniper

J

Juniper

<br />
<br />My FEV1 before i started was 56% now its 51%. I can't understand why its dropped its always gone up before after a course of IV's . My doctor isn't unduly worried and said it can go down but should recover in the next few weeks.
<br />
<br />I particularly wanted a good reading today with my holiday coming up.
<br />
<br />Has anyone else had this result before ??

labellavita

this past month i was on ivs for 2 weeks after an initial fev1 of 48%, it went up to 51% at the 12 day mark, on day 14 i went into the er with an o2 sat of 80%, 103.8 fever, and inability to even walk without keeling over... ended up intibated. left after 3 weeks with an fev1 of 34%. so after a month of ivs i went down over 10%.

labellavita

this past month i was on ivs for 2 weeks after an initial fev1 of 48%, it went up to 51% at the 12 day mark, on day 14 i went into the er with an o2 sat of 80%, 103.8 fever, and inability to even walk without keeling over... ended up intibated. left after 3 weeks with an fev1 of 34%. so after a month of ivs i went down over 10%.

labellavita

labellavita

labellavita

serendipity730

Recently, I was in the hospital. When I went in, my FEV1 was 51%, and after 6 days of IV's, they went up to 69%. On my visit after 2 wks of IV's, they were down to 65%. After 3 wks of IV's, they were down to 60%. I did IV's for a total of 4 wks. On my f/u visit 2 wks after IV's, my FEV1 was back to 66%.

My doc thought some of the fluctuation might have to do with upper airway stuff (allergies, asthma) and maybe some vocal cord issues (due to how my flow loop looked).

Best of luck!

serendipity730

Recently, I was in the hospital. When I went in, my FEV1 was 51%, and after 6 days of IV's, they went up to 69%. On my visit after 2 wks of IV's, they were down to 65%. After 3 wks of IV's, they were down to 60%. I did IV's for a total of 4 wks. On my f/u visit 2 wks after IV's, my FEV1 was back to 66%.

My doc thought some of the fluctuation might have to do with upper airway stuff (allergies, asthma) and maybe some vocal cord issues (due to how my flow loop looked).

Best of luck!

serendipity730

Best of luck!

serendipity730

Best of luck!

serendipity730

<br />
<br />My doc thought some of the fluctuation might have to do with upper airway stuff (allergies, asthma) and maybe some vocal cord issues (due to how my flow loop looked).
<br />
<br />Best of luck!

Tumbleweed

yes, it has happened to me many, many times. unfortunately for me, they don't go back up. i completely understand your frustration.

Tumbleweed

yes, it has happened to me many, many times. unfortunately for me, they don't go back up. i completely understand your frustration.

Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed