Federal Insurance

mike0122

I am about ready to become a civil service employee. I live in the Dayton Ohio area. I have several choices to pick from for insurance and I was wondering if anyone in my area was a civil service employee and what insurance you have. I currently also have Medicare including Medicare part D. This would be a secondary. I actually have it because I'm considered disabled and have been most of my life due to a vision impairment.

mike0122

I am about ready to become a civil service employee. I live in the Dayton Ohio area. I have several choices to pick from for insurance and I was wondering if anyone in my area was a civil service employee and what insurance you have. I currently also have Medicare including Medicare part D. This would be a secondary. I actually have it because I'm considered disabled and have been most of my life due to a vision impairment.

mike0122

mike0122

mike0122

origen

I'm a Federal employee in the Dallas, TX area, and I'm not on Medicare or anything. I go with the Blue Cross Blue Shield Standard. The premiums are a little high, but I think they are worth it. Also, if you go with them be sure to use the mail order pharmacy. If you go into the retail pharmacy you have to pay a percentage like 25%, which could be really high with TOBI, Pulmozyme, or Ultrase. The good thing though is that if you reach your Out of Pocket Maximum ($5000 per year or something), then you no longer have to pay any co-pays.

There are a lot of other Federal plans, but for me I know how to work the BCBS system and they cover basically everything I need without problems.

Also make sure to setup a Flexible Spending Account - FSA Feds.

Ask me if you need any more info.

origen

I'm a Federal employee in the Dallas, TX area, and I'm not on Medicare or anything. I go with the Blue Cross Blue Shield Standard. The premiums are a little high, but I think they are worth it. Also, if you go with them be sure to use the mail order pharmacy. If you go into the retail pharmacy you have to pay a percentage like 25%, which could be really high with TOBI, Pulmozyme, or Ultrase. The good thing though is that if you reach your Out of Pocket Maximum ($5000 per year or something), then you no longer have to pay any co-pays.

There are a lot of other Federal plans, but for me I know how to work the BCBS system and they cover basically everything I need without problems.

origen

origen

origen

<br />
<br />There are a lot of other Federal plans, but for me I know how to work the BCBS system and they cover basically everything I need without problems.
<br />
<br />Also make sure to setup a Flexible Spending Account - FSA Feds.
<br />
<br />Ask me if you need any more info.