Feeding Tube, Port, and Flag Football!

izemmom

So this in not strectly related, but I thought of THIS thread the other day when it happened. We were at the Fair, and they had bungee jump things set up. Basically, kids get harnessed in, then they "power jump" on trampolines. My older daughter did it and loved it. There was, in Emily's words, "one for little people, too!" Of course, she wanted to be just like big sister!

I hemmed and hawed for a while, wondering where the harness would hit her tummy...I was worried about it rubbing, or even shifting enough to tug on the MicKey button.

We decided to let her try it...but I held my breath the whole time. Turns out she wasn't quite as adventurous as she thought she was and she wouldn't let the operator bounce her too high. Just as well!

Anyway, I didn't think I'd be worrying about things like this quite so soon!

izemmom

So this in not strectly related, but I thought of THIS thread the other day when it happened. We were at the Fair, and they had bungee jump things set up. Basically, kids get harnessed in, then they "power jump" on trampolines. My older daughter did it and loved it. There was, in Emily's words, "one for little people, too!" Of course, she wanted to be just like big sister!

I hemmed and hawed for a while, wondering where the harness would hit her tummy...I was worried about it rubbing, or even shifting enough to tug on the MicKey button.

We decided to let her try it...but I held my breath the whole time. Turns out she wasn't quite as adventurous as she thought she was and she wouldn't let the operator bounce her too high. Just as well!

izemmom

izemmom

izemmom

<br />
<br />I hemmed and hawed for a while, wondering where the harness would hit her tummy...I was worried about it rubbing, or even shifting enough to tug on the MicKey button.
<br />
<br />We decided to let her try it...but I held my breath the whole time. Turns out she wasn't quite as adventurous as she thought she was and she wouldn't let the operator bounce her too high. Just as well!
<br />
<br />Anyway, I didn't think I'd be worrying about things like this quite so soon!

Kerryann

Thank you all for taking the time to offer support!

AJ's first pre-season game is this Sunday! We are hoping that, with a 4x4, some Under Armor, and a little luck, we will all make it through his first game!

Thanks so much!

Kerryann

AJ's first pre-season game is this Sunday! We are hoping that, with a 4x4, some Under Armor, and a little luck, we will all make it through his first game!

Thanks so much!

Kerryann

Thanks so much!

Kerryann

Thanks so much!

Kerryann

<br />
<br />AJ's first pre-season game is this Sunday! We are hoping that, with a 4x4, some Under Armor, and a little luck, we will all make it through his first game!
<br />
<br />Thanks so much!

TestifyToLove

Where is his port placed. As far the g-tube, I would just carry a spare in case of emergencies but likely it won't be an issue. A port can be susceptible if it takes a direct hit. The surgeon who placed the port on our Hemophilia son placed it on his ribcage under his right arm. He said that should protect the site from just about any activities an active young boy might attempt.

I would be more nervous with a port placed in a more vunrable location. M's was apparently placed up by his collarbone and would have made me exceedingly nervous if he still had it. But, hospital staff compromised it 3+ years ago now and we're currently without one.

TestifyToLove

Where is his port placed. As far the g-tube, I would just carry a spare in case of emergencies but likely it won't be an issue. A port can be susceptible if it takes a direct hit. The surgeon who placed the port on our Hemophilia son placed it on his ribcage under his right arm. He said that should protect the site from just about any activities an active young boy might attempt.

I would be more nervous with a port placed in a more vunrable location. M's was apparently placed up by his collarbone and would have made me exceedingly nervous if he still had it. But, hospital staff compromised it 3+ years ago now and we're currently without one.

TestifyToLove

TestifyToLove

TestifyToLove

<br />
<br />I would be more nervous with a port placed in a more vunrable location. M's was apparently placed up by his collarbone and would have made me exceedingly nervous if he still had it. But, hospital staff compromised it 3+ years ago now and we're currently without one.